The Ignite Retreat this Fall is going virtual!! Join us to learn how the Ignatian story, at the heart of Loyola’s mission, can connect meaningfully to your life and unique spiritual journey. Open to students of all faith traditions and spiritualities, the flexible retreat will be spread over the first three weeks of November, offering opportunities for relationship building, tools for reflection and discernment, and an introduction to themes of Ignatian Spirituality: Finding God in all things, silence, discernment, gratitude and persons for & with others. Student videos and personal reflective experiences each week will guide you in exploring who you are in relationship with self, God and others. At the end of each week, you'll join your small group with other retreatants to share about your experiences and your lives together.
Students from all class years are invited to attend!
Who would be interested?
- I've never been on a retreat.
- Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Spiritual But Not Religious, Searching...basically you as you are.
- JesuWHAT? Who is this Ignatius guy and what is all this talk about Jesuits and Spirituality?
- I know some Ignatian themes but don't really know how they connect to my experience.
- I'm new to the Loyola community: first years or transfer students
- I've been at Loyola for 3 years and want to connect in a new way
Oct. 28 - Nov. 20, 2020
The virtual retreat will be free to all retreatants!
Deadline Sunday Oct. 25
A team of 4 student leaders and one student coordinator plan and lead each Ignite Retreat. If you are interested in becoming a leader, applications are accepted each spring. Learn more!
If you are interested in learning more or have any questions, contact Ignite Student Coordinator, Sarah Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.