Join us on the Ignite Retreat to learn how the Ignatian story, at the heart of Loyola’s mission, can connect meaningfully to your life and unique spiritual journey. Open to students of all faith traditions and spiritualities, the weekend will offer opportunities for relationship building, tools for reflection and discernment, and an introduction to themes of Ignatian Spirituality: Finding God in all things, silence, discernment, gratitude and persons for & with others. Through personal and group reflective experiences, this retreat creates a space for exploring who you are in relationship with self, God and others.
Students from all class years are invited to attend the Ignite Retreat in the spring semester (February). Like most retreats at Loyola, the Ignite Retreat will be held at our beautiful Loyola University Maryland Retreat Center on 20 serene acres in the mountains of Western Maryland.
Who would be interested?
- I've never been on a retreat.
- Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu, Spiritual But Not Religious, Searching...basically you as you are.
- JesuWHAT? Who is this Ignatius guy and what is all this talk about Jesuits and Spirituality?
- I know some Ignatian themes but don't really know how they connect to my experience.
- I'm new to the Loyola community: first years or transfer students
- I've been at Loyola for 3 years and want to connect in a new way
This retreat is offered to students at an introductory price of $35, down from the standard retreat fee of $75.
A team of six student leaders and one student coordinator plan and lead each Ignite Retreat. If you are interested in becoming a leader, applications are accepted each spring. Learn more!
If you are interested in learning more or have any questions, contact Megan Linz Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.