Apply to join the leader team for the Fall 2020 Ignite Retreat!
The Ignite Retreat explores how the Ignatian story, at the heart of Loyola’s mission, can connect meaningfully to each students' life and unique spiritual journey. Open to students of all class years, faith traditions and spiritualities, the weekend offers opportunities for relationship-building, tools for reflection and discernment, and an introduction to themes of Ignatian Spirituality: Finding God in all things, discernment, gratitude, silence and being persons for and with others. Through personal and group reflective experiences, this retreat creates a space for students to explore who they are in relationship with self, God and others.
Retreat members are trained in themes of Ignatian Spirituality and prepare short reflections on those themes in their own lives in advance of retreat. Past participation on the retreat is preferred, but not required. Retreat team members should be open to learning and comfortable sharing about your experiences with other students. There is no cost of attending the retreat for team members.
Role & Responsibilities
- Attend one 4-hour weekend training in early fall 2020 (date TBD).
- Attend weekly one-hour meetings (time and day TBD) in the two months before the retreat
- Attend the Ignite Retreat in Nov 6-8, 2020
- Facilitate small groups
- Share/present sessions on the themes of Ignatian Spirituality to the large group
- Lead inclusive prayers
- Facilitate the learning outcomes for participants
- Set the tone for an inclusive and welcoming community
- Share honestly and respectfully and listen actively with one another
- Complete your agreed-upon tasks on time
- Welcome and accept feedback from teammates
- Use reflective practices in your own preparation
- Participate in a team evaluation after the retreat
Applications are due by April 7, 2020 at 11:59pm.
The Ignite leader application is a joint application with the FIRST Pre-Fall Program through Campus Ministry. You can choose to be considered for one or both programs through the process.
If you have any questions, please contact Megan Linz Dickinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or x2092.