The Study and Student-Athlete Support Service’s peer tutoring program provides free content tutoring to all Loyola students. Our primary goal is to help students become successful and independent learners.
As a tutor, you will be trained through our CRLA-certified tutoring program, gain valuable skills, and help your fellow Greyhounds pursue their academic goals.
Peer tutor applicants must meet the following requirements:
- To have taken the courses that you apply to tutor and have these courses appear on your Loyola transcript
- To attend tutor training and to complete all online training components before the tutor training date
- To be a sophomore or above
- To be a matriculated, degree-seeking Loyola undergraduate student
- To have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- To have a “B” or better in the courses you apply to tutor
If we are hiring tutors for the courses you applied to tutor and if you meet all the above requirements, you will be contacted to schedule an interview, upon which a hiring decision will be made.
Applications are online and will be accepted for the spring semester until Wednesday, January 6, at 5 p.m. However, the earlier you submit, the better!
Peer Tutor Application