Fall 2022 Update
All academic support services will begin being offered on Monday, September 12.
Undergraduate students can request a peer tutor on our online scheduling system, TutorTrac. Tutoring appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. No appointments will appear when you search unless they will take place more than 24 hours from that time.
Students can book two appointments per subject per week. Any student needing extra appointments can email the assistant director to request additional time with a tutor.
Tutors cannot be hired after new tutor training due to onboarding and training processes. If you cannot find a tutor for a specific course and new tutor training has already taken place, please contact the assistant director and we will do our best to accommodate you with a current member of our staff.
How to Request Undergraduate Peer Tutoring
- We suggest using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Log into the scheduling system using your Loyola user name and password. (This is the same as your log in for Moodle, Web Advisor, email, Inside Loyola, etc.)
- On the left-hand corner of the page in the Student Options box, please choose “Search Availability.”
- Then choose “The Study” from the “Centers” dropdown menu.
- Next, choose the course you need tutoring in from the “Sections” dropdown menu. (Only the courses you are enrolled in this semester will appear.)
- Next, choose the date and time you would like to make a tutoring appointment. (We strongly suggest choosing “All” availability. By selecting all, you will see all tutors’ schedules for the next two weeks. You will have more availability to choose from, as opposed to selecting a specific date and time.)
- Finally, select the appointment time you want. You will receive an appointment confirmation email immediately and an appointment reminder email at 5 p.m. the day before your scheduled appointment.
Want to meet with the same tutor at the same time every week? Ask your tutor what day and time works for them, then email that information plus the course to The Study.
If you cannot find an appointment time that fits into your schedule (and you have chosen "all" as the scheduling option), please contact The Study with your name, course, availability, and preference for an in-person or online appointment. If there are no tutors listed for a course on TutorTrac, please complete this form.
Drop-In Tutoring in the LLC
In addition to scheduling tutoring appointments, students can visit drop-in tutoring hours in the Language Learning Center's Reading Room (Maryland Hall 442).
- Spanish: Wednesdays from 2 to 3 p.m.
- French: Thursdays from 5 to 6 p.m.