Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
The Study will do its best to support students online until they return to campus. We will make every effort to offer the same high-quality services but ask that you bear with us as we work through any technical difficulties.
Tutoring: The Study plans to use Zoom as our online tutoring platform. Students and Loyola tutors can meet online and have a regular session. Zoom includes screensharing, a whiteboard, and video and audio capabilities, so students from all disciplines should still be able to have a productive session. Students will still log onto TutorTrac to make an appointment and will receive an email containing the URL to the Zoom room. Students experiencing technical difficulties should contact The Study.
Peer tutoring will be available through the end of finals on Saturday, December 19. All appointments will be scheduled using Eastern Standard Time.
If you are not able to log into TutorTrac, please reset your password through Inside Loyola and try again.
Undergraduate students can request a peer tutor on our online scheduling system, TutorTrac. Tutoring appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. No appointments will appear when you search unless they will take place more than 24 hours from that time.
Students can book two appointments per subject per week. Any student needing extra appointments can email the assistant director to request additional time with a tutor.
Tutors cannot be hired after new tutor training due to onboarding and training processes. If you cannot find a tutor for a specific course and new tutor training has already taken place, please contact the assistant director and we will do our best to accommodate you with a current member of our staff.
How to request undergraduate peer tutoring
- We suggest using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
- Log into the scheduling system using your Loyola user name and password. (This is the same as your log in for Moodle, Web Advisor, email, Inside Loyola, etc.)
- On the left-hand corner of the page in the Student Options box, please choose “Search Availability.”
- Then choose “The Study” from the “Centers” dropdown menu.
- Next, choose the course you need tutoring in from the “Sections” dropdown menu. (Only the courses you are enrolled in this semester will appear.)
- Next, choose the date and time you would like to make a tutoring appointment. We strongly suggest choosing “All” availability. By selecting all, you will see all tutors’ schedules for the next two weeks. You will have more availability to choose from, as opposed to selecting a specific date and time.
- Finally, select the appointment time you want. You will receive an appointment confirmation email immediately and an appointment reminder email 24-hours before your scheduled appointment.
Want to meet with the same tutor at the same time every week? Ask your tutor what day and time works for them, then email that information plus the course to the email@example.com.
Please contact The Study if you:
- Cannot find an appointment time that fits into your schedule (and you’ve chosen “all” as the scheduling option).
- Need a tutor for a course and we do not have a tutor on staff. Although The Study does its best to provide tutoring for all undergraduate and graduate courses at Loyola, we do not have tutors on staff for every single course. Contact us and we will do our best to find a tutor for you.
- Have any other questions about requesting a tutor.