Undergraduate students can request a peer tutor on our online scheduling system, Accudemia. Tutoring appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. No appointments will appear when you search unless they will take place more than 24 hours from that time.
Students can book two appointments per subject per week. Any student needing extra appointments can email The Study (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request additional time with a tutor.
Tutors cannot be hired after new tutor training due to onboarding and training processes. If you cannot find a tutor for a specific course and new tutor training has already taken place, please contact the assistant director and we will do our best to accommodate you with a current member of our staff.
How to Schedule Peer Tutoring
- Log into the scheduling system using your Loyola user name and password. (This is the same as your log in for Moodle, Web Advisor, email, Inside Loyola, etc.)
- Select "New Appointment" from the menu at the top of your screen.
- Select the Center where you would like to schedule your appointment (The Writing Center or The Study).
- Select the Service you would like to access: Tutoring Appointment, Student Athlete Tutoring Appointment, or Coaching Appointment.
- Continue to follow the prompts by selecting the course and instructor.
- Finally, you will be able to choose a day/time that works for your schedule. Once you select your appointment details and confirm, you will receive an email confirmation.
Want to meet with the same tutor at the same time every week? Ask your tutor what day and time works for them, then email that information plus the course to The Study.
If you cannot find an appointment time that fits into your schedule please contact The Study with your name, course, availability, and preference for an in-person or online appointment.