Fall 2022 Reopening Plan
Safety & Sanitation
- We are continuing our expanded sanitation practices in dining locations with a heavy focus on high frequency touch point cleaning.
- We are continuing to invest in training for sanitation, safety, disinfection, and food safety.
- Physical barriers (plexiglass) will still be up at cashier stations.
- For guests, we are continuing to offer sanitizer stations throughout dining locations.
What's New this Fall
- Choose to Reuse in Boulder 2.0 - We are converting this location to a sustainable reusable location with no more disposable options. This will be the first location on campus to make the switch from compostable disposableware to reusable. We look forward to students embracing susntainability in this location.
- Crudité Bars - We are adding fresh crudité stations to two of our dining locations with fresh vegetables, pita and hummus as part of our "Well on Your Way" wellness initiative.
- Inspired Eats - We have converted and rebranded our two allergen stations in both Iggy's and Boulder. These menu items served will be free of the top eight allergens plus sesame. We have added training and resources to safely serve our allergen guests. If you or someone you know has an allergen, have them reach out and self identify to be provided resources and information for dining safely on campus - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kiosks - we are adding kiosks to Green Peel and Fresh West Sunset to help make ordering efficient. We added them to the Green and Grey Cafe in the Spring, and they were integrated with our Grubhub mobile ordering.
- Retail Kits - We will be offering a limited supply of retail kits for sale each month with different types of foods that students can make themselves - for example: Smores Kit, or Pickling Kit.
- Virtual Culinary Classes - We have some fun virtual culinary classes planned for the year around various topics to help students learn some new culinary skills. We had a lot of success with our Pizza Class, and Cookie Decorating class in the past that we collaborated with SGA on, so we are building upon that to add more regularly scheduled classes.
- Fan Favorites - Every Tuesday in Boulder 2.0 we feature a menu chosen by students. We trialed this last spring and students voted the week before on Instagram for which menu they wanted to see, and we will be continuing this in the Fall.
- Seasonal Specials - We will be putting together some news seasonal limited time offers to feature in Green Peel, and Green and Grey Cafe to help highlight the season's flavors.
- We Love Local - COVID forced us to purchase differently as some of our local vendors struggled to meet demand. We are reenergizing our love for local and featuring our local vendors and forged partners that we have worked with for many years, as well as some new ones we are excited to try.
- Parent Engagement - over the years we have seen an increase in parent involvement in dining questions, concerns or compliments. We added a Parent's page on our dining page for resources, FAQ's, Care Package options, and more. We look forward to them being a part of our guest experience on campus.
Our catering options have returned to normal with new items on our menu and everything now electronic on our Catertrax ordering platform. You can find this year's menu offerings on our catering website.
Dining Locations & Menus
- Boulder is bringing back the action Bravissimo station for lunch. It will continue to be a Pasta Bar at Lunch and then switch at Dinner. Crafted is a rotating station that features a campus favorite menu for five weeks before switching. It will start the semester with Eastern Garden, an Asian inspired menu that was popular in the Spring 2022 semester. We will also be bringing back ice cream in Boulder with our new local vendor Hershey's Ice Cream.
- Boulder 2.0 will remain an idealMEAL location for lunch and dinner. There will be four stations this year: Bravissimo customizable station, Mediterranean Salad Bar, Chobani Yogurt Bar, and Toasted (at lunch), which will offer daily hot sandwich specials and switching to a Build-Your-Own Flatbread station for dinner. We will also continue to offer salads, sandwiches and sides in an On-The-Go case. We have added a crudite station this year. This year, all of Boulder 2.0 will be reusable plates, bowls, silverware and more. If you want food to-go, you will need to buy into our Choose To Reuse To-Go program for $5.
- Iggy’s Market will remain open until 12 midnight. Iggy’s will continue to offer smoothies, fruit, and yogurt in the morning. Iggy’s Late Night will be expanded to offer a made-to-order burger bar, milkshakes, and a variety of sides five nights a week from Wednesday-Sunday.
- Starbucks space has increased after renovations last summer, but there will still be a mobile-ordering option.
- ACE Sushi will return with new and expanded offerings like more vegetarian and vegan options, Boba tea, and a selection of snacks.
- Green Peel hours will expand to be open until 5pm Monday through Thursday, and will continue to allow a meal exchange up to $9.99.
- Fresh West Sunset hours will remain the same, and will continue to be a mobile-order only location.
- Bowman Express' will be open Thursday - Sunday from5 p.m. to 10 p.m. with market items and On-The-Go options like salads, sandwiches and sides.
- Green & Grey Café is in the Fernandez Center for Innovation and Collaborative Learning. It features a variety of local partners to offer a coffee & espresso bar, seasonal teas & spritzers, breakfast items, artisan sandwiches, house baked treats, and more!
- We’re continuing to offer GrubHub online ordering service to all our campus dining locations.
- Our locations will remain cash-free. You can swipe your ID or credit card or use a touchless mobile payment app (Apple Wallet, Google Pay, etc.) for purchases at any of our dining locations. Cash is only accepted for concessions at Ridley Athletic Complex and Reitz Arena.
- We know this list doesn’t touch all the areas of change that we will need to plan for, therefore we will add more details as Loyola’s plans evolve
With things changing each day, and the continuous evolving circumstances, we ask that you be patient as our communication and plans roll out. If you have any questions or concerns that need addressed, the best method of contact is to email email@example.com.
(Last updated 8/8/2022)