One of our Parkhurst Gold Standards is to source more than 20% of our food purchases from local vendors and partnerships. Parkhurst maintains two innovative local purchasing program we call FarmSource and Forged Partners. FarmSource is an initiative to seek and build partnerships with some of the finest local growers, family-owned farms and producers of food in our communities. Forged Partners are family and independently owned artisan makers that allow us to introduce our guests to creative, unique, and exciting products.
LUM Loves Local
We add a hashtag #LUMLovesLocal on our social media for our Local features and partnerships. We even have a local shelf in Iggy's Market dedicated to Local products for guests to purchase. Zeke's Coffee developed an exclusive blend for Loyola called "Greyhound Grind." We get all of our ground beef from Roseda Farms in Baltimore, and the owner is a Loyola alumnus as well. We partner with different vendors to spotlight their products and make sure our guests know what we offer is local and great quality.
Our Local Partnerships
These are partners within 100 miles of Loyola.
- Amoroso Bread – Philadelphia, Pa.
- Baltimore BBQ Company – Timonium, Md.
- Clemens Food Group – Hatfield, Pa.
- Cloverland Dairy – Baltimore, Md.
- H&S Bakery – Baltimore, Md.
- Hope's Cookies - Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- Jack & Jill Ice Cream Company – Moorestown, N.J.
- Kontos Foods – Paterson, N.J.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op – A Variety of Local Farms
- McCormick Spices – Hunt Valley, Md.
- Michele's Granola – Timonium, Md.
- Otterbein's Cookies – Windsor Mill, Md.
- Rice Fruit Company – Gardners, Pa.
- Richardson Farms – White Marsh, Md.
- Righteous Felon Jerky – West Chester, Pa.
- Roseda Black Angus Farm – Baltimore, Md.
- Sauder Eggs – Hampstead, Md.
- Susquehanna Mills Co. – Pennsdale, Pa.
- Taharka Bros Ice Cream - Baltimore, Md.
- Towson Hot Bagels – Towson, Md.
- Utz Chips – Hanover, Pa.
- Zeke's Coffee – Baltimore, Md.
- Popsations- Timonium, Md.
Our Regional Partners
These are partners farther than 100 miles from Loyola and within our operating region.
- Fisher's Popcorn – Ocean City, Md.
- Hank's Sauces – Sea Isle City, N.J.
- Chobani- Norwich, NY
- Legally Addictive Foods- New York City, NY
- Sweet Street Desserts- Reading, Pa.
- Simply Gum- New York City, NY