One of our Parkhurst Gold Standards is to source more than 20% of our food purchases from local vendors and partnerships. To enhance the freshness of our food offerings without compromising our commitment to quality, Parkhurst maintains an innovative local purchasing program we call FarmSource. FarmSource is an initiative to seek and build partnerships with some of the finest local growers, family-owned farms and producers of food in our communities.
LUM Loves Local
We add a hashtag #LUMLovesLocal on our social media for our Local features and partnerships. We even have a local shelf in Iggy's Market dedicated to Local products for guests to purchase. Zeke's Coffee developed an exclusive blend for Loyola called "Greyhound Grind." We get all of our ground beef from Roseda Farms in Baltimore, and the owner is a Loyola alumnus as well. We partner with different vendors to spotlight their products and make sure our guests know what we offer is local and great quality.
Our Local Partnerships
- Amoroso Bread – Philadelphia, Pa.
- Baltimore BBQ Company – Timonium, Md.
- Clemens Food Group – Hatfield, Pa.
- Cloverland Dairy – Baltimore, Md.
- Fisher's Popcorn – Ocean City, Md.
- H&S Bakery – Baltimore, Md.
- Hank's Sauces – Sea Isle City, N.J.
- Hope's Cookies - Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- Jack & Jill Ice Cream Company – Moorestown, N.J.
- Kontos Foods – Paterson, N.J.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op – A Variety of Local Farms
- McCormick Spices – Hunt Valley, Md.
- Michele's Granola – Timonium, Md.
- Otterbein's Cookies – Windsor Mill, Md.
- Rice Fruit Company – Gardners, Pa.
- Richardson Farms – White Marsh, Md.
- Righteous Felon Jerky – West Chester, Pa.
- Roseda Black Angus Farm – Baltimore, Md.
- Sauder Eggs – Hampstead, Md.
- Susquehanna Mills Co. – Pennsdale, Pa.
- Taharka Bros Ice Cream - Baltimore, Md.
- Towson Hot Bagels – Towson, Md.
- Utz Chips – Hanover, Pa.
- Zeke's Coffee – Baltimore, Md.