At Parkhurst, we are passionate about food. We believe that the decisions we make regarding where our food comes from, how it’s sourced and how it’s prepared have a direct impact on the health of our communities, environment, and guests. Because of this, our “Know Your Source” purchasing philosophy is critical to the way we do business. There are two distinct programs that bring this philosophy to life:
FarmSource Partners: grow, raise, or catch our produce, dairy, eggs, seafood, and meat. They allow us to serve the freshest and highest quality products to our guests.
Forged Partners: are family and independently owned artisan makers. They allow us to introduce our guests to creative, unique, and exciting products.
Within each program, we seek to partner with growers and producers within our operating region who share our passion for food, our commitment to excellence and who foster diversity and inclusion within their company and in their community. And, of course, each must align to our company’s Core Values. Ultimately, we strive to source 20% of our total spend from local partners. Local Partners are growing, creating, and producing within 100 of miles of the Parkhurst unit where the product is being featured on the menu.
LUM Loves Local
We add a hashtag #LUMLovesLocal on our social media for our Local features and partnerships. We even have a local shelf in Iggy's Market dedicated to Local products for guests to purchase. Zeke's Coffee developed an exclusive blend for Loyola called "Greyhound Grind." We get all of our ground beef from Roseda Farms in Baltimore, and the owner is a Loyola alumnus as well. We partner with different vendors to spotlight their products and make sure our guests know what we offer is local and great quality.
Our Local Partnerships
These are partners within 100 miles of Loyola.
- Amoroso Bread – Philadelphia, Pa.
- Clemens Food Group – Hatfield, Pa.
- Cloverland Dairy – Baltimore, Md.
- H&S Bakery – Baltimore, Md.
- Hope's Cookies - Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- Kontos Foods – Paterson, N.J.
- Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-Op – A Variety of Local Farms
- McCormick Spices – Hunt Valley, Md.
- Michele's Granola – Timonium, Md.
- Otterbein's Cookies – Windsor Mill, Md.
- Righteous Felon Jerky – West Chester, Pa.
- Roseda Black Angus Farm – Baltimore, Md.
- Susquehanna Mills Co. – Pennsdale, Pa.
- Taharka Bros Ice Cream - Baltimore, Md.
- Towson Hot Bagels – Towson, Md.
- Utz Chips – Hanover, Pa.
- Wight Tea - Baltimore, Md.
- Zeke's Coffee – Baltimore, Md.
Our Regional Forged Partner Program
These are partners farther than 100 miles from Loyola and within our operating region.
- Jack and Jill Foods - NJ
- Chobani- Norwich, NY
- Legally Addictive Foods- New York City, NY
- Sweet Street Desserts- Reading, Pa.
- Simply Gum- New York City, NY