Download a copy of our Dining FAQ's
for new prospective students Loyola Class of 2024.
Where can I use a meal swipe?
A meal swipe can be used for an idealMEAL or All-You-Care-To-Eat at the following locations:
- Boulder Garden Cafe (Breakfast, Lunch & All-You-Care-to-Eat Dinner and Weekends)
- Iggy's Market (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Late Night until 12 a.m.)
- Boulder 2.0 (Lunch & All-You-Care-To-Eat Dinner)
- Fresh West (Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
- Fresh West Sunset (Monday-Friday, 5:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.)
- Flannery Market (Monday-Sunday, 6:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.)
Where can I use my meal plan points?
Meal plan points can be used to purchase items at any of the retail locations on campus including: Green Peel, Cold Spring Sushi, Starbucks, Crafted, Flannery Market, Iggy's groceries, or bottled beverages. Meal plan points can be used at all on-campus dining locations. Each meal plan point is equivalent to one dollar.
How can I check my meal swipe balance?
Students can now check their meal swipe balance online. You can check your balance on Inside Loyola by clicking the "Evergreen Card" link under "Quick Links." You can also go directly to www.loyola.edu/evergreendeposit and log in there.
Also, students can download the "Transact E-account" app and log in with their Loyola log in to access their meal plan balance and recent transaction history.
What do I need to say to the person at the register to make sure that my purchase comes off as a meal and not my meal plan points?
Cashiers will assume you are using a meal swipe if you are in a location that accepts meal swipe. You can always remind cashiers that you would like to use a meal swipe, just to be sure.
Can I use my mandatory meal plan points at off-campus vendors like Miss Shirley's and CVS?
No. Meal plan points need to be spent at on-campus dining venues. Evergreen dollars will still be available for students who wish to deposit money to be used off-campus, at the bookstore, in vending machines, etc.
Do the meals and meal plan points carry over from semester to semester?
Meal swipes do not carry over from one semester to the next but unused meal points/dollars will carry over from fall semester to spring semester. Any meal points not used by Spring Commencement will NOT carry over to the following year.
When do meals reset for meals per week?
If you have a weekly meal plan, meals per week reset between Saturday and Sunday, at midnight.
Who do I talk to if I have allergies or special dietary concerns?
Please contact our management team at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to speak to one of our managers. We also have an Allergy Free Zone in Iggy's and Boulder that excludes foods associated with common allergies such as gluten, nuts, and dairy. There is also a lot of resources on our Allergy Website.
Can I change my dining plan mid-semester?
No. You cannot change in the middle of the semester. But you can change your plan at the beginning of each semester, here's the information for 2019-2020 meal plan changes:
- FALL SEMESTER - Meal plan changes are now done through the RoomRez Housing Portal found under Quick Links on Inside Loyola by September 6, 2019.
- Click "Start Application."
- Select the academic year.
- Save and Continue.
- "Meal Plan Selection" is an option at the top of the page.
- There is no confirmation, and takes a few days for Student Admin Services to manually change the plan on the student's account.
- SPRING SEMESTER - Meal plan changes are done through a form.
- Students wishing to change their meal plan for Spring, can submit a request via the Meal Plan Change Request Form by January 19, 2020. Once the request is submitted, the change will be made within five business days. Students will receive a confirmation email from Student Life and they can also confirm the change by checking their student account.
- Students who are coming back from abroad, returning from leave, or coming in as a new transfer student for Spring, must make their selection via the Housing Portal in their Spring 2020 Housing Application.
If you have questions about your meal plan change, please contact Student Life at email@example.com or 410-617-5081.
If you have questions about billing for your meal plan, please contact Student Administrative Services firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-5802.
I have suggestions for how to make the dining options better. How can I get involved or give feedback?
Please email email@example.com so that we can speak with you. Or submit a message on our FoodU App, or on social media. There are also comment cards in Boulder and Iggy's. SGA also has a dining committee that meets several times a semester. Reach out to them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to get involved.
How many weeks are there in a semester?
Each semester has approximately 15 full weeks.
How much does it cost to eat in Boulder for All You Care to Eat (AYCE) if I don't have a meal plan?
$13.25 for All You Care to Eat Dinner in Boulder.
Back to the top