Download a copy of our Dining FAQ's
for new prospective students Loyola Class of 2024.
Where can I use a meal swipe?
A meal swipe can be used for an idealMEAL or All-You-Care-To-Eat at the following locations:
- Boulder Garden Cafe (Breakfast, Lunch & All-You-Care-to-Eat Dinner and Weekends)
- Iggy's Market (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, & Late Night until 12 a.m.)
- Boulder 2.0 (Lunch & Dinner)
- Green & Grey Cafe
- Fresh West Sunset (Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-9:30 p.m.)
- Bowman Express (Wednesday-Sunday, 6:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.)
Where can I use my meal plan points?
Meal plan points can be used to purchase items at any of the retail locations on campus including: Green Peel, Cold Spring Sushi, Starbucks, Green & Grey Cafe, Bowman Express, Iggy's groceries, or bottled beverages. Meal plan points can be used at all on-campus dining locations. Each meal plan point is equivalent to one dollar.
How can I check my meal swipe balance?
Students can now check their meal swipe balance online. You can check your balance on Inside Loyola by clicking the "Evergreen Card" link under "Quick Links." You can also go directly to www.loyola.edu/evergreendeposit and log in there.
Also, students can download the "Transact E-account" app and log in with their Loyola log in to access their meal plan balance and recent transaction history.
How can I reload my meal swipes or meal points?
Students who are running low on their allotted semester block meal swipes can purchase additional block meal swipes at https://bridge.loyola.edu//store?store_id=2318. Each additional block costs $335 includes 25 swipes that will expire at the end of the semester.
Students and parents can reload Meal Points or Evergreen Dollars at www.loyola.edu/evergreendeposit.
What do I need to say to the person at the register to make sure that my purchase comes off as a meal and not my meal plan points?
Cashiers will assume you are using a meal swipe if you are in a location that accepts meal swipe. You can always remind cashiers that you would like to use a meal swipe, just to be sure.
Can I use my mandatory meal plan points at off-campus vendors like Miss Shirley's and CVS?
No. Meal plan points need to be spent at on-campus dining venues. Evergreen dollars will still be available for students who wish to deposit money to be used off-campus, at the bookstore, in vending machines, etc.
Do the meals and meal plan points carry over from semester to semester?
Meal swipes do not carry over from one semester to the next but unused meal points/dollars will carry over from fall semester to spring semester. Any meal points not used by Spring Commencement will NOT carry over to the following year.
When do meals reset for meals per week?
If you have a weekly meal plan, meals per week reset between Saturday and Sunday, at midnight.
Who do I talk to if I have allergies or special dietary concerns?
Please contact our management team at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time to speak to one of our managers. We also have an Allergy Free Zone in Iggy's and Boulder that excludes foods associated with common allergies such as gluten, nuts, and dairy. There is also a lot of resources on our Allergy Website.
Can I change my dining plan mid-semester?
No. You cannot change in the middle of the semester. But you can change your plan at the beginning of each semester, here's the information for 2022-2023 meal plan changes:
- Deadline to change Fall 2022 meal plan: September 10, 2022
- Deadline to change Spring 2023 meal plan: January 21, 2023
To change your meal plan:
- Log into the RoomRez portal through InsideLoyola.
- On the RoomRez homepage, click either “Meal Plan” on the green navigation bar or “change Meal Plan” in the green boxes to the right of the screen.
- Click “Change Meal Plan” on the housing application that you used to originally select your meal plan
- Select your new meal plan
- Depending on the date you access the form you will see either both your Fall and Spring meal plans or just your Spring meal plan. Be sure to update all semesters shown.
- On this screen you will see your current assigned meal plan. Please use the dropdown to select a new meal plan.
- You will only be shown meal plans that you are eligible for.
- The meal plan change form looks at your residential status (resident or commuter) and shows your plans based on your status. You can identify the status on the page title based on whether it says “Resident” or “Commuter” after Meal Plan options. If you believe you are seeing the incorrect screen please contact Student Life at email@example.com
- Click “Save & Continue”
- You will receive an email to confirm that we have received your request. Additionally, on the RoomRez homepage under “Current Meal Plan” you should see your updated meal plan.
- Click Return to Homepage to exit the form.
If you have questions about your meal plan change or process, please contact Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-617-5081.
If you have questions about billing for your meal plan, please contact Student Administrative Services email@example.com or 410-617-5802.
I have suggestions for how to make the dining options better. How can I get involved or give feedback?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can speak with you. Or submit a message on our FoodU App, or on social media. There are also comment cards in Boulder and Iggy's. SGA also has a dining committee that meets several times a semester. Reach out to them at email@example.com if you want to get involved.
How many weeks are there in a semester?
Each semester has approximately 15 full weeks.
How much does it cost to eat in Boulder for All You Care to Eat (AYCE) if I don't have a meal plan?
$13.65 for All You Care to Eat Dinner in Boulder.
Back to the top