• Contact: Naomi Githae, email@example.com / 410-617-2920
• School: DIS - Study Abroad in Scandinavia
• Course Equivalences
• DIS Stockholm is housed at The Royal College of Music (KMH )
• DIS is designed for American students in their third year of college
• All courses are taught in English by local practitioners and professors
• Sweden is a Scandinavian nation and largest country in Northern Europe
• It is bordered by Norway to the West and North and Finland to the East and is connected to Denmark to the Southwest by a bridge tunnel.
• Sweden has a population of about 9.995 million; Stockholm has 2.4 Million
• Stockholm, is the capital of Sweden, made up of 14 islands and more than 50 bridges
• Currency used is the Swedish krona
• Students must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be considered.
• Courses are worth 3 credits.
• Academic areas best served: Biology, Communications, Economics, Psychology, Sociology
• Study tours and field study visits are part of the academics.
• All housing is between 15- 70 minutes away from DIS
• DIS offers several housing options: homestay, Residential, Community, Living & Learning Community, and Folkhögskola
• You can read more about DIS housing on https://disabroad.org/stockholm/semester/housing-options/
• Fall: late August–December
• Spring: mid January–late May
*Airfare is not included with this program.
• All applications are due by 11:59 pm on the second Wednesday after Thanksgiving break of the sophomore year for both Spring and Fall semesters to study in the junior year.
• A completed application through Terra Dotta website includes a study abroad application, course form and an essay.