Requirements for the minor are as follows:
The minor consists of 6 total courses, with 1 required foundation course and a capstone course.
- BL 101 Introduction to Forensic Science w/ Lab (4 credits)
- Capstone course (3 credits)
- At least two elective course at the 300-level or higher from the approved list of courses
- Elective courses must be distributed minimally across two academic departments, and at least one course must be completed in each of two academic divisions (e.g., humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, Sellinger School of Business).
- Permission may be granted for students to enroll in courses in which pre-requisites have not been met, following consultation with the appropriate department chair and director of the forensic studies minor. Students should also consider completing some pre-requisites as part of their natural science and social science core requirements.
Available Capstone Courses
BL 498 Forensic Studies Experience
CH 498 Forensic Studies Experience
EG 490 Forensic Studies Experience
PH 498 Forensic Studies Experience
PY 435 Field Experience in Psychology I
SC 401 Sociology Practicum and Seminar
SC 498 Forensic Studies Experience
Students must make arrangements with department chair, academic advisor, and/or director of forensic studies program for enrollment into a capstone course. Note: Students should ordinarily begin planning capstone courses by January of junior year.