2019-20 Academic Year
As part of the financial aid application and verification process, colleges and universities are required to collect your federal tax return information. In an effort to streamline the collection and processing of your tax return documents, Loyola participates in the College Board's Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC). Please note that this process is separate from the federal verification process. The IDOC process works as follows:
- Shortly after submitting your completed 2019-20 Profile Application, the College Board will send you a communication (via the email address provided by the student/parent on the Profile Application) which outlines the procedure for submitting your and your parents' 2017 Federal Tax Returns to their processing center.
- The communication will include a link (https://idoc.collegeboard.org) which provides instructions to electronically upload your tax return documents. Upload SIGNED copies of your entire 2017 Federal Tax Return Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and your parents' entire 2017 Federal Tax Return Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ. Include all pages, all schedules, all W-2s and 1099 forms.
Upload all tax return documents at one time; do not upload portions of tax returns multiple times. If you are unable to upload your documents to the IDOC website, you can submit hard copies by mail instead. Since it may take longer to process if you choose to mail them, we recommend that you submit your documents electronically
* Do not upload federal tax returns for any calendar year other than 2017
* Do not upload state tax returns.
If you or your parents file an Income Tax Return in a country other than the United States, you must submit a translated copy of your foreign tax return with reported income information converted into U.S. dollars.
- After the College Board receives your tax return information, the documents will be scanned and the resulting images will be made available to Loyola's Office of Financial Aid at a secured website that is accessible only by our financial aid staff. You will be able to check the College Board's website at https://idoc.collegeboard.org to verify that your tax return information has been processed and forwarded to Loyola. Please be assured that your tax return data and images will be stored in a secure environment.
Please monitor your IDOC student portal for notifications and important messages about the processing status of your family's documents at https://idoc.college.board.org and click on the "Log into IDOC " button.
If you have questions about IDOC, including how to navigate the website, please access the Frequently Asked Questions in the student portal, accessible after signing into the IDOC website. You may also contact the College Board at 1-866-897-9881 or e-mail your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The IDOC procedure allows Loyola to process your tax return information more quickly and more efficiently. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation in complying with this innovative documentation collection process.