Skip to main content

Right to Cancel

You have the right to cancel any of these loans.

Federal regulations require colleges and universities to notify student loan borrowers of their right to cancel all or a portion of their loan or loan disbursement. No action is required on your part unless you wish to reduce or cancel your loan(s). Requests must be made in writing and should be sent via email directly to the office of financial aid at You must include the borrower's full name, student ID number, and the name of the loan and the amount to be reduced or cancelled. If the cancellation results in a balance due on your student account, payment will be required immediately.