Use the links below to help you navigate the registration process for Fall 2023 courses while you are abroad. Students should determine how you will register, if you are currently taking any prerequisite courses, what forms you must submit to OIP and when they are due.
- OIP Registration Form: Complete this form and submit in Terra Dotta by March 10, 2023 if you want the AASC to register you for all of your courses for next semester on your registration day.
- Prerequisite Form: Complete this form and submit in Terra Dotta by March 10, 2023 if you are planning on self-registering but are taking a prerequisite course abroad.
Please read the entire page on registration. It has vital information that can help in preparing for registration on your assigned day and time. If you do not read the entire section, you may miss a step and are unable to register for spring classes.
All students will self-register unless they need special assistance on their registration day and time. It is recommended that students register themselves for classes. Student must have advisor permission in Student Planning.
AASC Registers you - for Students in Class or on a Loyola Sponsored Trip
Students who will be in class, on a Loyola sponsored trip or has unreliable internet can request that AASC registers for them.
- Students will need to complete and submit the 3 page, Undergraduate Study Abroad Registration Form by March 10, 2023 in Terra Dotta.
- Students will still need advisor permission in Student Planning for AASC to register them.
Taking Pre-requisites Abroad
- Students who are taking a prerequisite class abroad for a course you want to take next semester will need to complete the Study Abroad Prerequisite Registration form and submit to Terra Dotta by March 10, 2023.
- Once you complete the form and submit it to us, we will go into the system to input the prerequisite course you are currently taking, so that you will be able to self-register for all of your classes on your registration day and time.
General Registration Information
The Fall 2023 registration dates:
- Class of 2024: March 22, 2023
- Class of 2025: March 29, 2023
- Class of 2026: April 5, 2023
- Registration is based on Eastern Standard Time Zone. You will need to take this into consideration if you are registering from a different country.
- All students must have advisor permission in Student Planning.
- You can only register for 5 3-credit courses, plus 1 or 2 credit labs or courses on your registration day.
- You will not be able to register for a sixth 3-credit course on registration day.
How to access course registration
- On your registration day and at the time indicated above, log into inside.loyola.edu, select Loyola Self-Service then enter your login information.
- Select Student Planning from the Self-Service Menu and follow the Student Planning instructions.
Confirm you are not on a financial hold
- Students on financial holds will not be allowed to register for courses.
- Sometimes holds are added just prior to registration, so be sure to check Student Planning the day before you register.
- If you are on a hold, you should contact SAS (Student Administrative Services) at SAS@loyola.edu or call 410-617-5047 to resolve the matter before registration.
Deposits for Fall 2023
- All students registering for courses for Fall 2023 must pay a $300 tuition deposit online by February 20, 2023.
- Students who need on-campus housing for Fall 2023 must submit their $300 housing deposit online to Residence Life & Housing by February 20, 2023.
- Late payment of the above deposit(s) can result in not being registered for the fall and not receiving on campus housing.
- If you plan to live on-campus in the fall, students must complete the first step of the online housing selection process for Fall 2023 by the dates Residence Life & Housing sends to you. Failing to complete the first step of the on-line housing process will result in students not able to continue with the on-line housing process for your returning semester. As a result, students who do not complete first part of the on-line application will not receive on-campus housing.
Confirm what courses you plan to take
- Check times and professors for courses you want to take fall 2023.
- Confirm you did not create any time conflicts.
- Rising Seniors: (Class of 2024) should check their registrations before registering for classes.
- Rising Juniors: (Class of 2025) should check to see which courses are still open after senior registration. You may have to change your course selections since some courses will close after senior registration. Make sure you confirm your course selection with your major advisor before registering for classes.
- Confirm if you need to take a sixth course. Remember, your major advisor must give you electronic permission to take a sixth course.
- The Office of International Programs will give you electronic permission to register for classes.
Check for any required prerequisite(s) or electronic permission
- Check all courses you plan to take to see if they have a prerequisite(s) or need electronic permission from the instructor or department chair.
- The computer will only allow students to register for classes when the prerequisite course(s) are noted in the computer system. This is why it is very important to complete the Course Prerequisite Form if applicable.
- If a course needs electronic permission from the instructor, it is your responsibility to contact the instructor before your registration date and time to receive the electronic permission.
- We recommend getting the permission from the instructor in advance of your registration date, this will save time on registration day.
- Email permission from the instructor will be accepted, but you will need to send the email permission to Office of International Programs and OIP will have to register you for the course(s).
- Email permission(s) from instructors should be sent to OIP by March 10, 2023.
- If you do not receive electronic or email permission, OIP will not be able to register you for the course(s).
Summer Courses at Loyola
- Visit the AASC website for more information about summer session registration.
Summer Courses Away
- If you are planning to take a summer course away, you will need to fill out the Summer Away Request Form with all of the information before March 6, 2023. Academic Advising and Support Center has detailed information on which courses can be taken off-campus. If the summer course(s) is a prerequisite for a course you plan to register for in the fall, you will not be able to register for the fall course, AASC will have to register for you.
- Please note that you do not need to receive permission from AASC to take the course away from Loyola before being registered for fall courses because the process can take a while. However, you need to start the process with AASC by first completed the Summer Away Request form before March 6, 2023.
Registration Process and Troubleshooting
If you are self-registering
- You will register yourself for courses exactly like you have in the past through Student Planning.
- If you see an “error” message when you try to register;
- Confirm that you are trying to access registration during your assigned time.
- Attempting to register for classes before you are given access will result in an error. This does not mean you will not be able to register, it means you are too early. You will not have access until the exact minute your time block opens.
- Confirm that you see your schedule once you are done registering. If you do not see your schedule after you have completed the registration process, contact AASC.
If AASC is registering for you
- AASC will register you for the courses you elected on the form you submitted to Terra Dotta.
- Please note: AASC may be registering multiple students in each registration time block so you may not see that you have been registered for you classes the minute your access on Student Planning opens.
- DO NOT go into Student Planning yourself if you have asked AASC to register you. This will block access and could jeopardize your registration.
- Wait 20 minutes to see that you have been registered for courses. They may not appear if you check right away.
Sixth Course, Course Override & Add/Drop
Registering for a Sixth Course
- All students must get permission for a sixth course from their major advisor.
- If you are unable to self-register because of a prerequisite issue, you can contact Academic Advising and Support Center via email (email@example.com)
- All students will be able to self-register for a sixth course starting July 18, 2023 at 9:00 am.
Completing a Course Override
- If a course you need to take in the spring is closed, you will need to complete a Course Override form.
- You will have to complete a separate form for each closed course that you want to take.
- If you wish to fill out the form and submit it electronically you will need to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the day of registration, you have until 4 p.m. EST to add and/or drop any classes.
- You are in control of your schedule
- If you elected to have the AASC register you and you want to make changes to this schedule, you need to email Academic Advising and Support Center at email@example.com. Someone from their office will assist you with drop/add from abroad.
- You will need to send them an email outlining the specific course you want to drop and the course you want to add. You need to give the course number, course title and course section.
- Requests will be handled in the order that they are received.
- If you self-registered, you have until 4 p.m. Eastern Standard time (Baltimore time) on your registration day to add and drop. Once it is closed, you will need to send your course schedule changes to Academic Advising and Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top of Page