Use the links below to help you navigate the registration process for Fall 2020 courses while you are abroad. Students should determine how you will register, if you are currently taking any prerequisite courses, what forms you must submit to OIP and when they are due.
OIP Registration Form
Complete this form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2020 if you want the Office of International Programs to register you for all of your courses for next semester on your registration day.
Complete this form and send to email@example.com by February 21, 2020 if you are planning on self-registering but are taking a prerequisite course abroad.
Summer Course Prerequisite Form
Complete this form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org February 21, 2020 if you are planning on taking summer courses away from Loyola that will count as prerequisites for a course you will take in the fall.
Listed are the different options for registration. Please read through them carefully.
- Self-Register: All students will self-register unless they need special assistance from the Office of International Programs. For students who will self-register please see section #1 below.
- OIP Registers you: If you are on a Loyola sponsored trip or will be in class during your registration time, you can ask OIP to register you. You will need to complete the Undergraduate Form for Study Abroad Students by February 28, 2020. If you will be requesting that the OIP registers for courses for you, please see option #2 below.
- Pre-Requisite Courses While Abroad: If you are taking a pre-requisite(s) for a Spring 2020 course while abroad you will need to complete the Study Abroad Prerequisite Registration form and submit to OIP by February 21, 2020. If you are taking a pre-requisite course abroad for a course you wish to take next semester, please see section #3 below.
- Pre-Requisite Over Summer: If you took a course over the summer (2019) and it is a prerequisite for a class you need to take in the fall, make sure you request an official transcript from the summer institution to send to Loyola’s Records Office to transfer the course and credits. If you took a summer course at Loyola, the course will be in our system. If you know that you have received credit for your summer course, you will self-register during your assigned day and time and you do not need to submit any form to OIP.
*OIP will give all students electronic permission to register, with the exception of Sociology majors. While we will give you electronic permission to register, you will not be able to see it online. Sociology majors must receive electronic permission to register by their major advisor.
- Students who are self-registering and not taking ANY prerequisites abroad will NOT have to complete a Study Abroad Registration Form for Spring 2020.
- If you took a summer course (2019) away, make sure the course and credits have been transferred and recorded in our computer system BEFORE you register for classes.
- You should go into WebAdvisor on your appointed day and time and register for your courses just like you would if you were on the Baltimore campus.
2. OIP Registers you - for Students in Class or on a Loyola Sponsored Trip
Students who will be in class or on a Loyola sponsored trip on their registration day and time can ask the Office of International Programs to register them.
- Students will need to complete and submit the 3 page, Undergraduate Study Abroad Registration Form by February 28, 2020 to the Office of International Programs at email@example.com. Do not send to any other department other than OIP (Office of International Programs).
- On the first page, students should list their top 5 – 3 credit courses, plus any 1 – credit or 2 – credit course needed.
- On the second page, students should list their course alternates for their top 5 courses. The list should NOT be repeats of the courses listed on the first page.
- On the third page, students must list the courses and credits they are taking abroad.
3. Self-Registering and Taking Pre-requisites Abroad
- Students who are self-registering AND are taking a prerequisite class(s) abroad for a course you want to take next semester will need to complete the Study Abroad Prerequisite Registration form and submit to OIP by February 21, 2020 .
- Send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you list the course number, the course title, and the section you want. DO NOT SEND TO ANY OTHER DEPARTMENT ON CAMPUS – JUST TO OIP.
- Once you complete the form and submit it to us, we will go into the system to input the prerequisite course(s) you are currently taking, so that you should be able to self-register for all of your classes on your registration day and time.
- If you do not submit the Study Abroad Prerequisite Registration form to email@example.com by October 4, 2019, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Register for the classes that do not have any prerequisites.
2. Exit WebAdvisor
3. Email your program coordinator the course you want to be registered for along with the course you are currently in that is the prerequisite (s) for the class you want to take.
4. Check WebAdvisor 10 -20 minutes to see if the course(s) are on your schedule.
The Fall 2020 registration dates:
- Class of 2021 – March 18, 2020
- Class of 2022 – March 25, 2020
- Class of 2023 – April 1, 2020
- Registration is based on Eastern Standard Time Zone. You will need to take this into consideration if you are registering from a different country.
- OIP will give all students electronic permission to register, with the exception of Sociology majors. Sociology majors must receive electronic permission to register by their major advisor. You will not be able to see our electronic permission.
- You can find your time and number by going to inside.loyola.edu, WebAdvisor for Students, Registration, Reg/Appointment Permission (Undergraduates Only) and to check that there are no holds on your account preventing you from registering.
- All course-related information is available via inside.loyola.edu, WebAdvisor (WA) for Students, Search for Sections.
- You can ONLY register for 5 3-credit courses, plus 1 or 2 credit labs or courses on your registration day.
- You will not be able to register for a sixth 3-credit course on registration day.
How to access course registration:
Two paths of access to the registration system are offered. Choose one:
- https://inside.loyola.edu (Portal)
- WebAdvisor for Students > Registration, and click Undergraduate Registration
- https://www.loyola.edu/webadvisor (WebAdvisor Direct)
- Students > Undergraduate Registration
- This path is useful as a backup in case there are ever issues with the InsideLoyola portal
Confirm you are not on a financial hold:
- Students on financial holds will not be allowed to register for courses. Therefore, you should check if you are on a financial hold by going to insideLoyola.edu, WebAdvisor, Reg/Appointment Permission.
- Sometimes holds are added just prior to registration, so be sure to check this screen the day before you register.
- If you are on a hold, you should contact SAS (Student Administrative Services) at SAS@loyola.edu or call 410-617-5047 to resolve the matter before registration.
Deposits for Fall 2020:
All students registering for courses for Fall 2020 must pay a $300 tuition deposit online by February 13, 2020.
Students who need on-campus housing for Fall 2020 must submit their $300 housing deposit online to Student Life by February 13, 2020.
Late payment of the above deposit(s) can result in not being registered for the fall and not receiving on campus housing.
If you plan to live on-campus in the fall, students must complete the first step of the online housing selection process for Fall 2020 by the dates Student Life sends to you. Failing to complete the first step of the on-line housing process will result in students not able to continue with the on-line housing process for your returning semester. As a result, students who do not complete first part of the on-line application will not receive on-campus housing.
Confirm what courses you plan to take:
Check times and professors for courses you want to take fall 2020.
Confirm you did not create any time conflicts.
Rising Seniors: (Class of 2021) should check their registrations with their major advisors before registering for classes.
Rising Juniors: (Class of 2022) should check WebAdvisor to see which courses are still open after senior registration. You may have to change your course selections since some courses will close after senior registration. Make sure you confirm your course selection with your major advisor before registering for classes.
Confirm if you need to take a sixth course. Remember, your major advisor must give you electronic permission to take a sixth course.
The Office of International Programs will give you electronic permission to register for classes.
Check for any required prerequisite(s) or electronic permission:
Check all courses you plan to take to see if they have a prerequisite(s) or need electronic permission from the instructor or department chair.
The computer will only allow students to register for classes when the prerequisite course(s) are noted in the computer system. This is why it is very important to complete the Course Prerequisite Form if applicable.
If a course needs electronic permission from the instructor, it is YOUR responsibility to contact the instructor before your registration date and time to receive the electronic permission.
We recommend getting the permission from the instructor in advance of your registration date, this will save time on registration day.
Email permission from the instructor will be accepted, but you will need to send the email permission to Office of International Programs and OIP will have to register you for the course(s).
Email permission(s) from instructors should be sent to OIP by February 28, 2020.
If you do not receive electronic or email permission, OIP will not be able to register you for the course(s).
Summer Courses at Loyola:
- If you are planning to take a summer course at Loyola, you will need to contact the Academic Advising and Support Center by email and receive permission from AASC to register for courses on Web Advisor. You MUST register for the summer course(s) BEFORE you can self-register or have the Office of International Programs register you for Fall 2020.
- The Class of 2021 must complete the above steps no later than 3:00 p.m. EST (Baltimore time) on March 17, 2020.
- The Class of 2022 must complete the above steps no later than 3:00 p.m. EST (Baltimore time) on day, March 24, 2020.
- Visit AASC’s website for more information about summer session registration.
Summer Courses Away:
- If you are planning to take a summer course away, you will need to fill out the Summer Away Request Form with all of the information BEFORE March 6, 2020. Academic Advising and Support Center has detailed information on which courses can be taken off-campus. If the summer course(s) is a prerequisite for a course you plan to register for in the fall, you will not be able to register for the fall course. The Office of International Programs will have to register for it.
- Please note that you do not need to receive permission from AASC to take the course away from Loyola before being registered for fall courses because the process can take a while. However, you need to start the process with AASC by first completed the Summer Away Request form BEFORE March 6, 2020.
If you are self-registering:
- You will register yourself for courses exactly like you have in the past through WebAdvisor.
- If you see an “error” message when you try to register;
- Confirm that you are trying to access registration during your assigned time.
- Attempting to register for classes before you are given access will result in an error. This does not mean you will not be able to register, it means you are too early. You will not have access until the exact minute your time block opens.
- Contact the Office of Technology Services at 410-617-5555, if you have any technical difficulties with InsideLoyola or the direct WebAdvisor site.
- Confirm that you see your schedule once you are done registering. If you do not see your schedule after you have completed the registration process, contact OIP.
If OIP is registering for you:
- OIP will register you for the courses you elected on the form you submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note: OIP may be registering multiple students in each registration time block so you may not see that you have been registered for you classes the minute your access on WebAdvisor opens.
- DO NOT go into WebAdvisor yourself if you have asked OIP to register you. This will block access and could jeopardize your registration.
- Wait 20 minutes to see that you have been registered for courses. They may not appear if you check right away.
Registering for a Sixth Course:
- All students must get permission for a sixth course from their major advisor.
- OIP cannot give electronic permission for a sixth course.
- If you are unable to self-register because of a prerequisite issue, you can contact Academic Advising and Support Center via email (email@example.com)
- All students will be able to self-register for a sixth course starting July 10, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Completing a Course Override:
- If a course you need to take in the spring is closed, you will need to complete a Course Override form.
- You will have to complete a separate form for each closed course that you want to take.
- You can find physical copies of the form in the Academic Advising and Support Center if you wish to complete and submit them in person.
- If you wish to fill out the form and submit it electronically you will need to email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the day of registration, you have until 4:00 p.m. EST to add and/or drop any classes.
You are in control of your schedule
If you elected to have the Office of International Programs register you and you want to make changes to this schedule, you need to email Academic Advising and Support Center at email@example.com. Someone from their office will assist you with drop/add from abroad.
You will need to send them an email outlining the specific course you want to drop and the course you want to add. You need to give the course number, course title and course section.
Requests will be handled in the order that they are received.
If you self-registered, you have until 4 p.m. Eastern Standard time (Baltimore time) on your registration day to add and drop. Once it is closed, you will need to send your course schedule changes to Academic Advising and Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Top of Page