Upon successful completion of the educational leadership program, students will have the knowledge, understandings, abilities, and dispositions to:
- Facilitate the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by staff, students, families, and the school community.
- Advocate, nurture, and sustain a school culture and instructional program conducive to student learning and staff professional growth.
- Ensure management of the organization, operations, and resources for a safe, efficient, and effective learning environment.
- Collaborate with families and community members, responding to diverse community interests and needs, and mobilizing community resources.
- Act with integrity, fairness, and in an ethical manner in all aspects of providing leadership for the school.
- Understand, respond to, and influence the larger political, social, economic, legal, and cultural context in which the school resides.
- Manifest social responsibility within the context of the leadership position held.
- Contribute professionally and personally to the broader community.