Placement testing for the Class of 2022 is now open. Incoming students must complete the mathematics and foreign language placement exams from home. No outside books or other resources can be used while taking these exams. It is essential that you take placement tests so that you have the opportunity to register for a math and/or foreign language at orientation. Not taking placement tests could impact your ability to register for certain courses.
All incoming first-years must complete math and foreign language placement testing by May 31, 2018.
Foreign Language Placement Tests
All students must complete at least one course at or above the Intermediate II level (104) in a modern or classical language to fulfill Loyola’s core curriculum. Instructions for taking the tests are available below:
- Chinese, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
Students who are interested in continuing with their Arabic studies at Loyola should contact the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures at 410-617-2780 to schedule an individual placement exam.
Math Placement Tests
All students are required to take at least one course in mathematics or statistics to fulfill Loyola's core curriculum (except MA*004 and MA*109). Instructions for taking the math placement tests are available below:
- Login to the math placement test through WebWork.
- Enter your Inside Loyola login credentials when prompted.
- You should have an Algebra test and a Precalculus test available to complete. You must complete both tests.
- Once you open the test, you have thirty minutes to complete and submit your answers. You must click the "Grade Test" button at the bottom of the test before the time runs out or your score will not be recorded.
Placement results will be discussed by the student’s advisor on the second day of summer orientation.