Skip to main content

2024 Spring Transfer Course Request



  • Transfer courses require the prior written permission of AASC. All courses will be reviewed, regardless of mode of delivery, including core courses.
  • A maximum of 2 transfer courses may be taken away in Spring 2024 for students who are:
  • on approved personal Leave of Absence with the Dean of Undergraduate Studies AND a non-degree student at the Away institution.
  • on approved Deferral with Undergraduate Admission (Class of 2027 only) AND a non-degree student at the Away institution.
  • Residency requirement applies.
  • Currently matriculated students should contact the AASC Director to discuss whether taking spring courses at another institution would be permitted.
  • Full-time students should explore the Baltimore Student Exchange Program (BSEP).
  • A grade of C or better is required of all transfer courses. Courses that receive grades of C- or lower will not transfer.  For science courses that have separate course numbers for lecture and lab (example: CHEM 101, 3 credits; CHEM 101L, 1 credit), grades of C or higher must be earned in both lecture and lab.  If either the lecture or lab receives a grade of C- or lower, both lecture and lab will not transfer.  For science course that have only one course number for lecture and lab (example: CHEM 101, 4 credits), a grade of C or higher must be earned.  If the course receives a grade of C- or lower, it will not transfer and Loyola will not award partial credit for just the lecture or lab.
  • Transfer courses must be a minimum of 3 credits (semester hours), unless the course is a lab associated with a course. 
  • The diversityrequirement must be completed at Loyola.
  • Upper level major courses for the Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Finance degrees may be taken at AACSB-accredited institutions.  If a student chooses to take an upper level major course at a non-AACSB-accredited institution, written permission of both the chair of the host department and the Academic Advising and Support Center are required prior to registration for the course. 
  • An official transcript from the transfer school must be requested by you immediately upon completion of the course in order to award transfer credit. Transcripts must be sent directly from the transfer school to AASC. Do not forward a transcript you personally receive to AASC. Official transcripts should be sent to Maria Schwartz (the Recipient) at or to Loyola University Maryland-Undergraduate Admission.  Official paper transcripts should be sent to Maria Schwartz, Academic Advising and Support Center, Maryland Hall 138, Loyola University Maryland, 4501 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210.  Electronic transcripts are highly recommended and preferred.


  • Complete the form below if you intend to transfer a Spring 2024 course to Loyola. 
  • Leave of Absence and Deferred Students should be sure to submit a Leave of Absence request with the Dean of Undergraduate Studies office.
  • Currently matriculated (enrolled) Loyola students should be sure to meet with the AASC Director, Ms. Victoria Gue.  Contact Ms. Gue at or go to Maryland Hall 138 to set up an appointment.
  • Submit a syllabus if the course you intend to take is for a major requirement or a world language requirement.
  • We will send the approval/denial notification to your Loyola email address.
  • AASC cannot guarantee response time to Spring Away requests. Therefore, please be aware of the transfer school’s add/drop deadline and refund schedule. 
  • Requests will be processed in the order they are received. Incomplete requests will not be processed.

Fall 2024 Classes

If you intend to register for a Fall 2024 course and you are completing the prerequisite to that fall course at another college or university in the spring, you must:

  • Submit a spring away request prior to your Loyola registration day.  Preferably 5 business days in advance.
  • Select Yes in the form below where it says, “I need to take this Spring Away course in order to register for a Loyola course in the fall.”  Enter the Loyola course number (e.g., MA252 Calculus II) where it say, “If yes, what Loyola course?” 
  • On your assigned March/April registration day, register for all of your fall courses.

If you have problems with your fall registration, contact us in Maryland Hall 138, at or at 410-617-5050 immediately.

Spring Away Request Form

Fields marked with * are required.

Contact Information
Check all that apply:*
I need to take this Spring Away course in order to register for a Loyola course in the fall:*
Transfer School
Transfer Course
Transfer Lab
Enter "none" in all fields below if they do not apply.
Transfer Course Description and Schedule

Loyola course
The equivalency will be determined by the AASC and the department chair.
I understand and agree to the transfer course requirements.
Typing in your name will act as your digital signature.