Students normally take five three- or four-credit courses each semester plus any related laboratories. Undergraduate courses are scheduled from 8:00 a.m. until 9:30 p.m. so your courses may be spread throughout the day.
Student Planning is the electronic tool used at Loyola to provide students with real-time information. It is accessed through the Inside.Loyola portal and is used for course registration and drop/add. Please review the Student Planning instructions for assistance with navigating Student Planning.
Update Your Information
Please update your contact information online and select a potential intended major as soon as possible. To access the form, you need your Loyola login credentials found in the welcome letter from Loyola’s office of technology services. For questions about login access, please contact the office of technology services at 410-617-5555.
Via Inside Loyola click Undergrad Demographics, then login again to access the Undergraduate Demographics Update form.
For questions about this process, please contact the Records Office at 410-617-2659.
View Fall 2023 Course Offerings
Fall 2023 courses can be found:
- Log into the Inside.Loyola portal
- Select Loyola Self Service > Student Planning.
- Once you are logged into Student Planning, select “Course Catalog” and then “Advanced Search.”
- Under the “Term” dropdown menu, select “Fall 23.”
- Select at least one other search option (i.e. subject or academic level – undergraduate) and then click “search.”
Course Registration for Fall 2023
Sample First-Semester Schedule:
A typical non-honors program first semester includes a Messina course and four courses from the categories listed below:
- Either Effective Writing (WR*100) or another introductory-level humanities course (EN*101, PL*201, TH*201, or HS*100-level)
- A modern or classical language course
- An introductory major-level course
- A science, mathematics, statistics, or fine arts core course
- An elective course