A few years ago, a group of faculty and administrators came together to check on the state of Black men and found that their experiences were markedly different from most Loyola students, and even different from their Black women counterparts. Therefore, we formed what is known as MAN2MAN. Since that time, we have expanded the program to include other men of color. As a result, we have seen tremendous enhancement in the lives of ALANA men at Loyola.
MAN2MAN meets bi-weekly on Tuesdays from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Center for Intercultural Engagement (CIE), which is located on the 3rd floor of the Andrew White Student Center. If you are a man of color at Loyola, consider attending a MAN2MAN meeting! Enjoy the opportunity to meet, mingle, and network with your fellow men of color, and with men of color who serve as Faculty, Staff, and Administrators at the University. You can also enjoy fellowship over a delicious meal.
Spring 2023 Sessions :)
- January 24th: Don't Wing It: Starting The Semester With The Right Mindset
- February 7th: Love Languages and How We Show Love To Ourselves and Others as Men of Color
- February 21st: Campus Culture & Climate
- March 14th: Barbershop Talk
- March 28th: March Madness (Rest & Relaxation)
- April 11th: Healthy Masculinity
- April 25th: End of Semester Reflections & Celebration
If you have any questions or concerns about MAN2MAN, please contact Dennis Velez, Associate Director for ALANA Services, at email@example.com