Sister to Sister is a holistic retention program for women of color at Loyola University Maryland. It provides women with the knowledge and tools for personal success and motivation towards serving the whole community through leadership and excellence. The bi-weekly meetings (sister circles) provide a supportive network where women can engage in thoughtful discussion and self expression related to the challenges, celebrations, and complexities related to their experience at Loyola.
Join us Thursdays, 5-6:30 p.m. in the Center for Intercultural Engagement (CIE) for networking and great conversation! If you are interested in attending a meeting or have any questions or concerns about Sister to Sister, please contact Raven Williams, Director for ALANA Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 Sessions
- September 16: Building Community through Impactful Connections
- September 30: Navigating through our Fears and Anxieties
- October 14: Self-Love with Self-Care
- October 28: Women of Color in the Media; Desirability Politics
- November 11: TBD
- November 25: Thanksgiving (no meeting)
- December 2: End of Semester Reflection and Celebration