Sister to Sister is a holistic retention program for women of color at Loyola University Maryland. It provides women with the knowledge and tools for personal success and motivation towards serving the whole community through leadership and excellence. The bi-weekly meetings (sister circles) provide a supportive network where women can engage in thoughtful discussion and self expression related to the challenges, celebrations, and complexities related to their experience at Loyola.
Join us Thursdays (bi-weekly), 5:00-6:30 p.m. in the Center for Intercultural Engagement (CIE) for networking and great conversation! If you are interested in attending a session, have questions or concerns about Sister to Sister, please contact Raven Williams, Director of ALANA Services, at email@example.com.
Fall 2023 Sessions
- September 14: Building Community through Sisterhood
- September 28: Steps to Academic & Personal Success
- October 12: Women of Color Navigating Leadership & Professionalism
- October 26: Mental Health Stigma & Self-Care
- November 9: Resilience & Resistance; Finding Joy as Women of Color
- December 7: Fall Semester Reflection & Celebration