The ORSP is available to provide assistance with all aspects of proposal development, from the conceptualization of an idea to the completion of any proposal. Contact with ORSP, particularly at the proposal drafting stage, will help establish the proper sequence of events and thereby assure meeting the sponsor’s deadline. The ORSP can provide the following assistance:
Remember that assistance with grant development and submission are the ORSP’s primary goals and faculty/staff at all stages of grant development are welcome to contact the ORSP for discussion. Early contact with the ORSP is strongly encouraged to ensure adequate lead time for proper review and approval of grant submissions.
- Search for potential funding sources;
- Assist in project and proposal design;
- Provide sample abstracts;
- Review and edit draft documents to maximize competitiveness
- Develop budget and justification;
- Provide information on cost sharing, indirect costs, and employee benefits;
- Interpret sponsor guidelines and requirements;
- Provide boilerplate information on the institution; and
- Assist with submission of completed application.