Withdrawal Refund Policy
When students officially withdraw or leave the University for any reason and have no indebtedness to the University, a portion of their tuition fee may be refunded. The percentage varies with the date of formal withdrawal (that date on which all withdrawal forms have been properly completed and returned to the Records Office). There are no refunds of other fees, whether required or optional, after the first day of class. Lab fees are not refundable. A student dismissed or suspended by the University for disciplinary reasons will not be entitled to any refund.
Refunds for approved withdrawals will be made according to the following schedule:
Fall/Spring Semesters (Full-Time, 12 credits or more)
- 100% prior to the first day of the semester
- 80% before two completed weeks
- 60% before three completed weeks
- 40% before four completed weeks
- 20% before five completed weeks
After five weeks of a semester, there will be no tuition refund.
Fall/Spring Semesters (Part-Time, less than 12 credits)
- 100% prior to the second week of class
- 80% during the second week of class
- 60% during the third week of class
- 40% during the fourth week of class
- 20% during the fifth week of class
After the fifth week of class, there will be no tuition refund.
Summer Semester Refund Policy for 1-3 Week Courses
- Prior to completion of the first day 100%
- Prior to completion of the second day 60%
- Prior to completion of the third day 20%
After third day of course, there will be no tuition refund
Summer Sessions for 4 – 8-week asynchronous online courses that are completed more than 50% online
- Prior to completion of the first week 100%
- Prior to completion of the second week 60%
- Prior to completion of the third week 20%
After three weeks of a semester, there will be no tuition refund
Summer Semester - Synchronous Face to Face/Virtual or Classroom Setting
- Prior to second meeting 100%
- Prior to third meeting 60%
- Prior to fourth meeting 20%
After the fourth meeting, there will be no tuition refund
Note: Students with approved withdrawals from summer alternate internships will receive a full tuition refund through July 16, 2024.
Federal Return of Title IV Funds Policy
For information regarding this policy, please visit the Return of Title IV Funds Policy portion of the Office of Financial Aid's Terms and Conditions of Aid Awards webpage.
Academic Scholarship Retention Policy
For information regarding academic scholarship and grant retention policies, please review the Special Conditions for Individual Programs portion of the Office of Financial Aid's Terms and Conditions of Aid Awards webpage.