Non-Degree Student Option
Nondegree students are those who have at least a bachelor's degree and wish to enroll in graduate courses without pursuing a graduate degree or certificate at Loyola. To become a non degree student, an individual must submit an application, application fee, transcripts which verify receipt of the college/graduate degrees, and if applicable, meet departmental graduate admission standards. Not all programs offer the non degree student option; this includes the School Counseling program. Applicants must check with their program of interest to ensure that they are eligible to be considered. Applicants may take no more than 11 credits as a non degree student. Individuals who wish to continue beyond the 11 credits must formally apply for admission to a degree or post-master's certificate program.
Non-Degree Application Deadlines
Fall Semester: July 15*
Spring Semester: November 15*
Summer Sessions: April 1*
*At the discretion of the department, applications will continue to be reviewed after the application deadline on a space-available basis. This program is not available to international students who require a F-1 visa to study in the U.S.
online application- grad.loyola.edu/apply
Required application materials include:
- Nonrefundable $60 application fee.
- Official transcripts from all degree granting institutions attended. If applying for a Post Master's program submit a copy of your Master's transcripts only. All foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated by an approved international academic record evaluation service. Visit the International Academic Records page for a list of approved services.
- Optional professional/academic letters of recommendation.
- Optional Resume or curriculum vita.
- Official English language examination scores are required for applicants who have not earned (or will not be earning) a bachelor's or higher degree from a college or university where English is the sole language of instruction. For additional details and a list of accepted English language exams, visit the English Language Examination Requirements page.
Supplemental application documents should be submitted directly to:
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
Or emailed to email@example.com
Additional Application Information
It is the policy of departmental admission committees to give promising applicants the opportunity to undertake graduate work. A careful examination of an applicant's academic and professional qualifications precedes every admission decision. The committees look for previous academic achievement by considering an applicant's undergraduate and graduate records. Work experience is assessed through the presentation of a resume or vitae and professional references.
Applicants accepted for graduate study will be advised in writing. At the time of admission, individuals will be informed of any courses for which they have qualified for advanced standing and/or additional courses or prerequisites requiring completion before commencing their graduate studies. A program advisor who assists in planning a program of study will be assigned, and students are responsible for discussing any special needs they may have with their advisor.