Welcome to Disability Support Services (DSS) at Loyola University Maryland!
Loyola University Maryland welcomes and supports students with disabilities. Loyola appreciates the diversity that students with disabilities bring to the University, which is consistent with our core values and support of our strategic plan. Disability Support Services is available to provide appropriate and reasonable supports and modifications so that students may fully participate in life at the University.
Disability Support Services' mission is to provide students with disabilities the equal opportunity to participate in all Loyola programs and activities, so students can learn, lead, and serve in a diverse and changing world. The DSS staff works to ensure students have equal access to Loyola programs and activities by eliminating barriers of any type (e.g., physical, programmatic, attitudinal, or electronic). Questions, comments, or concerns? Contact Disability Support Services.
Fall 2021 update
The fall 2021 semester marks the University's return to entirely in-person classes, residential housing, and campus life. Students are welcome to submit accommodation requests at any time during their studies at Loyola, but accommodations are not implemented retroactively. Therefore, we encourage incoming first-year students and new transfer students to submit their requests as early as possible during the summer before they arrive at Loyola. Also, present Loyola students who are newly diagnosed with a disability should submit requests as soon as possible.
DSS will review requests for accommodation at any point in time, but there are two deadlines students need to be aware of this summer:
- As stated in the housing accommodation procedures, housing accommodation requests for first-year students must be submitted by July 1.
- Students with disabilities who may require an accommodation to return to in-person courses should submit their requests by July 23. Students should first be registered with DSS. If you are already registered with DSS, please contact DSS and ask to meet with your DSS advisor.
In mid-August 2021, the Disability Support Services office will resume its business operations, including its test proctoring services. DSS will adhere to the University's COVID safety guidelines regarding masks, social distancing, and cleaning.
- Location - The DSS office is in Newman Towers West, room 107. In addition, we provide test proctoring for students needing this service for in-person examinations in the DSS Testing Room (NTE 103).
- Student Appointments and Meetings - DSS staff will be available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Students can request in-person meetings or Zoom meetings. Appointments are needed. If you don't know who to meet with, email DSS and ask to meet with a DSS advisor.
- Requesting Accommodations - Presently enrolled Loyola students should review the DSS registration page on the DSS website. You can apply and upload documentation online. If you have questions about registering with DSS, please email DSS, and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. In this email, please tell us if you want to speak to someone in person or by phone, your name, phone number, and a convenient time to get back to you.