The University offers three medical plans through Cigna. Enrollment is optional and you may waive coverage if you are covered under another medical plan.
For more information please select the plan of interest below:
- OAP HSA (High Deductible Plan)- Similar to a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) that uses a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- OAP-IN- Similar to a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- OAP- Similar to a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
Questions about your eligibility? Learn more about what benefits you are eligible for here
Cigna Member Resources
Cigna Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
In an effort to make sure you have the support and information needed during this time, Cigna has set up the Cigna COVID- 19 Resource Center
. There, you will find information on care and coverage, getting medications, and answers to questions on symptoms and prevention.
You can access resources on prevention, webinars, podcasts and other valuable information. Cigna will continue to monitor this rapidly evolving situation and update this site as needed.
Need to locate a provider?
Go to www.cigna.com
and select “Find a Doctor”. Choose “For Plans Offered Through Work or School.” Choose your search location and select the Open Access Plus plan option to search for a participating provider near you. You will use the Open Access Plus network for all three plan options.
Getting the most from your plan
When you’re better informed, it can help you make better choices. Cigna’s personalized website, www.mycigna.com, provides access to your plan information, as well as many online tools with information to help you make more informed health decisions. Want to find out how to improve your fitness or eat better? Cigna’s online tools can help you stay active and take care of your health.
Cigna Mobile App
The myCigna mobile app gives you an easy way to organize and access your important health information—anytime, anywhere. Download the free app and gain instant access to multiple services.
Cigna Virtual Care
Cigna provides access to medical and behavioral/mental health virtual care as part of your medical plan through MDLIVE. Cigna Virtual Care lets you get the care you need – including most prescriptions – for a wide range of minor conditions. Connect with board-certified doctors and pediatricians, as well as licensed counselors and psychiatrists via secure video chat or phone, without leaving your home or office.
- Choose when: 24/7/365 – even on weekends and holidays
- Choose where: Home, work or on the go
- Choose how: Phone or video chat
- Visit myCigna.com to access these services or call MDLIVE at 1-888-726-3171
Visit the website to register: MDLIVEforCigna.com
Call MDLIVE: 1-888-726-3171
Note: MDLIVE is only available for medical visits. For covered services related to mental health and substance abuse, employees have access to the Cigna Behavioral Health network of providers.
• Go to Cignabehavioral.com to search for a video telehealth specialist
• Call to make an appointment with your selected provider
New: Ginger is now included in Cigna’s virtual provider network.
• Ginger coaches can help with everyday life challenges, whether it’s needing help with a stressful situation, relationship struggles or just not feeling 100% after a year-long pandemic.
• Through the Ginger app, chat via text with a trained behavioral health coach within seconds. Coaches are available on-demand, 24/7, and will help create a program tailored to your needs - all from the privacy of your smartphone.
• You also have access to Ginger’s interactive, self-care content library that will help you build the valuable skills needed to manage stress, anxiety and other day-to-day challenges.
• These services are available to you through your behavioral health benefits.
• To learn more about Ginger and get started today, visit myCigna.com.
Preventive Care is covered in full when received in-network. Preventive care services include adult routine physical, well-child care visits, immunizations, routine GYN visits, age and gender appropriate cancer screenings, and other preventive services as required by the Affordable Care Act. These preventive services are covered in full when seeing a participating, in-network Cigna provider. To understand what is and is not covered as preventive health care please review the Cigna Preventive Health Care Guide.
Cigna Medical Vaccine Program
Under Loyola’s three medical plans you and your enrolled dependents may obtain the flu vaccine – as well as other vaccines – at your local retail pharmacy.
Here is the list of pharmacies in your network that offer vaccines. Vaccines are covered under your medical benefit.
You should call your pharmacy to make sure your vaccine is covered and available at that location. You shouldn’t need to make an appointment to get a vaccine. Please be sure to bring your Cigna medical ID card with you when you go to the pharmacy.
Know Before You Go- When You Need Care
Your Doctor Knows Best
- Your primary care physician (PCP) knows your health history.
- Having a personal physician can result in overall better care.
But what if you get sick or injured when your doctor's office is closed?
Cigna Members: 24/7 Medical Advice
• Health Information Line: get advice on a diagnosis or where to receive care.
• Cigna Telehealth Connection: access virtual doctor visits for common, uncomplicated, non-emergency health issues.
Urgent Care Centers (e.g. Patient First or ExpressCare)
• Usually open after normal business hours, including evenings and weekends.
• Many offer on-site diagnostic tests.
• Save time and money by going to urgent care instead of the ER.
Emergency Room (ER)
• Best place for treating severe and life-threatening conditions; ERs are not staffed to focus on minor injuries.
• Most expensive type of care.
These are general guidelines. Call 911 or go straight to the ER if you have a life-threatening injury, illness or emergency.
Additional Cigna Information and Resources
You are eligible to enroll in a medical plan if you are:
• A Core or Full-time Faculty member
• Regular, full-time staff and administrators (37.5 hours per week for 9 or more months in a 12 month period)
• Core staff and administrators (30 or more hours per week for 9 or more months in a 12 month period)
• Half-time staff and administrators (22.5 hours per week for an entire 12 month period
If you are covered under a medical plan, you may also elect coverage for your spouse/LDA and your eligible dependent children. You will select from one of the following levels of coverage:
- Employee and 1 Child
- Employee and Spouse/LDA
- Employee and Children
- Family (employee, spouse/LDA and child(ren)
All medical plans will cover dependent children until age 26, regardless of whether or not they are full-time college students.
How to Enroll
New hires or newly eligible employees must attend a weekly orientation meeting. Contact the benefits & wellness office at 410-617-1365 if you have not attended an orientation.
Open Enrollment occurs each year usually in late April/early May with changes effective July 1. A general notification will be sent to all eligible employees before the start of Open Enrollment.
Qualified Change-in-status events must be reported to the benefits & wellness office within 30 days. Log in to Inside.Loyola and select the Benefits Enrollment link. You will be redirected to your personal online benefits enrollment page. Make your changes by selecting New Change Request.
Questions or Assistance
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the PSA Benefits Hotline at 1-877-716-6618 or email Loyola@psafinancial.com.
This website provides a summary of the benefits available. The University reserves the right to modify, amend, suspend or terminate any plan at any time, and for any reason without prior notification. You will be notified of any changes to these plans and how they affect your benefits, if at all. The plans described on this website are governed by insurance contracts and plan documents, which are available for examination. We have attempted to make explanations of the plans on this website as accurate as possible. However, should there be a discrepancy between this website and the provisions of the insurance contracts or plan documents, the provisions of the insurance contracts or plan documents will govern. In addition, you should not rely on any oral descriptions of these plans, since the written descriptions in the insurance contracts and plan documents will always govern.