Health and Wellness - Take Charge
This year, the University is enhancing its Wellness Program to include new opportunities that will allow you to achieve a healthier you. Please be sure to check back frequently, as we will continue to update this site with planned activities and wellness education tools.
Save money on your medical premiums for the upcoming 2015 - 2016 plan year by completing a few Wellness steps. Employees and their spouses insured under any Loyola University Maryland Medical Plan must complete the following steps to qualify for the Wellness Compliant Rates:
1. Complete the online Health Assessment on the CareFirst website (learn how to access your CareFirst benefits portal and see where to complete the assessment*).
2. Have an annual physical exam between June 1, 2014 and August 31, 2015.
3. Have the Health/Biometric Screening Form completed by a physician and sent to CareFirst no later than August 31, 2015 (PPO and HMO participants only). HealthyBlue participants must have their physician complete the Health and Wellness Evaluation Form and sent to CareFirst no later than August 31, 2015.
Your personal health information is never disclosed to Loyola nor is it used to determine medical premiums. Your Health Risk Assessment results are submitted directly to CareFirst with only aggregate data reported to human resources. Please note that the wellness requirements are not outcomes based. Participants just have to complete the steps in order to receive the wellness compliant premium rates. Wellness compliant rates will increase to the non-compliant rates if all the steps are not completed and the form is not received by August 31, 2015.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the PSA Benefits Hotline at 1-877-716-6618 or email Loyola@psafinancial.com.
* Note: HealthyBlue HSA participants must login to My Account and click on My HealthyBlue Rewards under Quick Links. From the qualifications tab, click Begin Evaluation. In order to qualify for both the FY16 HealthyBlue deductible reduction (Blue Reward) and the new Wellness Compliant Rates current and FY16 participants and their spouses must complete the above steps between July 1, 2015 and August 31, 2015. Please refer to the qualification time period chart.
My Account pointers:
- When logging in, or upon initial registration, remember that your password is case sensitive. For example: JDOE123 and jdoe123 are considered two different passcodes.
- Please be sure to type your User ID and password correctly. If you enter your information incorrectly three times, your User ID will be disabled as a security measure. You will need to call CareFirst Technical Support at 1-877-526-8390, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. (EST) to have your account unlocked.
- If you have forgotten your user name or password, you can reset your password or retrieve your username by clicking on “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username.” You may do this by clicking on “Forgot Username” on the log in page, OR click on “Need Help Logging In?” on the log in page and then on “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username.”
- If you are having trouble accessing My Account (receive My Account Not Available error message or blank page), please try clearing your browser cache and delete cookies. If the issue persists, contact Technical Support at the above phone number.
- Once signed in to My Account, if you are not able to see the Health Assessment link under the My Health tab at the top of the page (or under Quick Links on the right side of the screen) or you cannot see Blue Rewards under the My Health tab (HealthyBlue members only), or the links are not working (greyed out or nothing happens on click) try disabling pop up blockers.