Loyola University Maryland’s Office of International Student Services (OISS) strives to promote and enrich the academic and cultural experience of the international community.
The OISS acts as a liaison to the University for international and exchange students. OISS provides many services to students at all levels in their educational career:
- Advise international students regarding personal, immigration/visa, academic, social, and acculturation issues.
- Inform international students about changes in immigration regulations and about upcoming events via email, social media, and the OISS web site.
- Provide workshops on cultural adjustment, reentry issues, career planning, tax filing, and other topics.
- Welcome international students to Loyola University Maryland and the U.S. through the Global Greyhound team (GGs), a group of Loyola students dedicated to help enrich international students’ aboard experience.
Who We Serve
- International students pursuing bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees.
- Exchange Students.
OISS Services and Programs
- Document Processing and Advising: F-1 student visas, and U.S. tax filing requirements for non-residents.
- Assistance with Living Abroad: Advice on personal adjustments and cross-cultural matters and referrals and/or advocacy efforts on behalf of international students to on and off campus service providers.
- Fall/Spring/Summer International Student Orientation: Orientations cover academic expectations, immigration regulations, campus life, and cultural adjustment for new students.
- Training: Job Success Strategies, Optional Practical Training (OPT) for F-1 visa holders.
Ms. Sunanda Bhatia
Director of International Student Services
Contact Ms. Bhatia with questions related to your application, your F-1 visa, orientation, as well as any other immigration questions or concerns.
Ms. Kaileigh Jolliffe
Office of International Programs
Contact Ms. Jolliffe with any questions related to your courses and registration.
Ms. Nicole Sellino
Contact Ms. Sellino for general questions or concerns.