Global Greyhounds (formerly known as ISOCs) are responsible for orienting new and visiting international students to the campus and the Baltimore area. They also assist the international students in integrating into the Loyola University Maryland community. For a list of all requirements, click on our: Global Greyhound 2019-2020 Job Description
Under the guidance of the Director of International Student Services, Global Greyhounds:
- Attend a four-day training session at the beginning of the academic year
- Greet arriving international students at BWI airport
- Participate in all activities related to the orientation of internationals whether they occur on or off campus
- Attend one of three day-trips for the international students per semester
- Assist international students with integration into campus life
- Be available to internationals on an informal basis to answer questions
- Help make social connections between international students and other Loyola students
Requirements for Consideration
- For a list of all requirements: Global Greyhound 2019-2020 Job Description
- Must have studied abroad, be an international student, or have other abroad experiences.
- Must show evidence of leadership skills
- Must be at least a junior at Loyola University Maryland
- Cannot be on academic or disciplinary probation
- Cannot already be an Evergreen, R.A. or Service Coordinator
Benefits of the Position
- The chance to develop close relationships with students from all over the world: Argentina, Chile, China, France, Germany, Japan, Greece, The Netherlands, Spain, and more!
- Early access to campus housing
- Leadership training and experience
- Great résumé builder
- Fun trips and activities
Please complete the 2019-2020 Global Greyhound Application and submit your résumé and cover letter to:
Ms. Sunanda Bhatia of International Student Services
Loyola University Maryland
4501 North Charles St.
Baltimore MD 21210
You may also submit these items to email@example.com, as mentioned in the application. Applications are due by 5pm on Monday, July 1st. We hope to hear from you!
Students are appointed as Global Greyhounds for one academic year. The position begins 2 weeks prior to the beginning of fall semester and ends at the end of spring semester.