Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are Open Now! Applications close at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, January 19th, 2021.
Find information on the R.A. position in the R.A. Job Description
R.A.s serve as catalysts in developing a sense of community on the floor and residential area while working with the concerns of an individual or group of students. The R.A. must have good judgment, strength of character, a strong sense of responsibility, and sensitivity to an understanding the needs of a diverse group of individuals. In addition R.A.s must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 grade point average (GPA), both cumulative and the semester prior to applying.
- Have obtained sophomore status by the start of employment.
- Maintain full time student status while in the position.
- Satisfactorily complete and submit the application by the stated deadlines.
- Complete the selection process as scheduled and/or requested to do so.
- Be in good academic, financial, and conduct standing with the University.
Training is a requirement of the R.A. position. Candidates should consider any academic, extracurricular, or work responsibilities that could hinder attendance and full participation at required training beginning annually in mid-August. Candidates must have the flexibility in their schedule to attend all meetings and commitments of the position.
Financial Aid Considerations
New R.A.s receive a full room grant of approximately $11,030 for the entire academic year. In addition, they receive ;approximately $2,200 to offset the cost of their board plan. All R.A.s also receive approximately $400 ($200/semester) to offset the $700 comprehensive fee charged each semester by the University. Because benefits of the position are allocated in the form of a grant, there are implications in terms of financial aid. If you receive financial aid, this is considered as part of your financial aid package and could affect other sources of aid such as loans, grants, work study, etc. We urge you to contact a financial aid counselor to discuss how an RA position might affect your financial aid package before making the decision to apply.
November 23rd, 2020 (12:00 p.m., EST): Applications Open
January 19th, 2021 (11:59 p.m., EST): Applications Close
January 22nd - 29th, 2021:Interview Sign-up
February 1st-7th, 2021:RA Interviews (Via Zoom)
February 19th, 2021: Decision letters Sent to Candidates
- Spring 2021 RAs: If you will be an RA for the Spring 2021 semester. Email SLjobs@loyola.edu to receive the link to the 2021-2022 RA Intent Form.
- If you are not an RA for the Spring 2021 semester, but have been an RA at Loyola prior to the 2020-2021 academic year, please follow the New RA application instructions detailed below.
- Complete the RA Application: RA Application Link
- You will be asked to submit the following within the RA application:
- Please upload an up-to-date resume. Please save your resume as "last name.first name.resume" in PDF format and attach it when prompted in the application. If you need any assistance in drafting a resume, The Career Center is available for tips and consultation.
- Application Video:
- Please submit a video that does not exceed 10 minutes answering the following prompts:
- What are your reasons for applying for the Resident Assistant position?
- What skills do you possess that would make you an asset to a team and what skills are you excited to learn or enhance through the RA position?
- How would you develop personal relationships with other people such as residents, staff, coworkers, etc.?
- What impact do you hope to have on the Loyola Residential Community?
- This video is an opportunity for you to showcase your creativity. We encourage you to think outside the box. Upload your video via YouTube following the steps below:
- Create a YouTube account (If you don't already have one)
- Record your video
- Click the "create" icon in the top right of the screen (camera icon with a plus in the center)
- Click "upload video"
- Select your video
- Set your title as "RA Application 2021 - Your First & Last Name"
- Under the visibility options, choose "unlisted". This ensures that only those who you send the video link to will be able to see your video
- Copy the video link to submit
- Save video
- Copy and paste link where prompted in the application
- RA Interview
- All Applicants that apply and meet the minimum applicant requirements will be invited to sign up for a 45-minute zoom interview to take place during the first week of February.
If you need any accommodations to participate in the RA Application and/or Interview process. Please email SLjobs@loyola.edu.
Loyola University Maryland welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to its educational mission. Loyola is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, seeking applications from underrepresented groups.
Further questions or concerns can be directed to SLjobs@loyola.edu.