All students (with the exception of those that are graduating in May 2020) need to complete this phase. You will need to log in to your Inside Loyola account, select RoomRez Housing Portal, located under Quick Links on the right-hand side. During this phase, you will declare your intent for the 2020-21 academic year, update your home and emergency contact information, agree to the housing contract if you want to live in Loyola housing and pay your housing and/or tuition deposit via credit card. If you are considering living off campus and have questions, please contact Dan Kelly, assistant director for student conduct and off-campus housing. If you are considering transferring and have questions, please contact the Evan Huckfeldt, associate director for housing operations.
Refer to the Housing Selection Frequently Asked Questions page for questions about "intent to return."
Are you interested in living a substance free lifestyle? Want to join a community with like-minded individuals? Join the substance free community! This community is traditionally housed in Seton Court and offers students the opportunity to live in a community free of alcohol, substance use, and tobacco. Every student will indicate if they want to live in Substance Free Housing on their housing application; there is no separate application.
Refer to the Housing Selection FAQ page for questions about Substance-Free Housing.
Global Connections Housing
Are you interested in living with an international exchange student? Are you still looking for one more person to complete your roommate group? Participate in the Global Connections Housing Program! Whether you are about to go abroad, just returned from abroad, or aren't planning to study abroad at all, the Global Connections Program is a great way to expand your own knowledge of the world while sharing your own culture with a new member of our Loyola community. With this option, your group will be paired with one international exchange student for next year. Every student will indicate if they want to live in Global Connections housing on their housing application. If you have questions or would like to learn more contact Assistant Director Marci Belton.
Refer to the Housing Selection FAQ page for questions about Global Connections Housing.
Housing and/or Tuition Deposit
A deposit of $600 ($300 for tuition and $300 for housing) is required for all students who want to return to Loyola housing. This deposit will be paid via credit card in the RoomRez portal while filling out your housing application.
This deposit is non-refundable.
Please review the following to ensure your deposit is paid correctly:
- Athletes: Students who receive full tuition and full housing grants do not need to make a deposit. SAS informs Student Life and Records that these students are allowed to participate in registration and housing selection. Students who receive a full tuition grant and no room grant must submit the $300 housing deposit to be eligible for room selection. The same applies for students who receive full housing grants but partial tuition grants. The $300 tuition deposit is required in order to register for classes.
- Resident Assistants: All current RAs are required to pay the $300 tuition deposit in order to register for classes, but do not have the pay the $300 housing deposit. Any student applying to become an RA is required to pay both tuition and housing deposits.
- Merit Based Scholars: Students receiving any form of merit based scholarship, whether privately funded or Loyola based, are required to pay both deposits if the student chooses to live on campus. Commuters are also required to pay the full $300 tuition deposit as these scholarships have requirements to be met each semester.
- Tuition Remission: Like merit based scholarships, tuition remission is reviewed on a semester by semester basis. Any student receiving tuition remission, whether Loyola based or from an outside university or college, is required to pay the full appropriate deposit.
- Returning from Abroad: All students currently studying at Loyola’s abroad campuses or on one of Loyola’s exchange and affiliation programs are required to pay both deposits if living on campus or tuition deposit if living off campus.
- Parent Support: We ask that you speak with your family to collect payment information prior to starting your housing application.
Refer to the Housing Selection FAQ page for questions about payments and deposits.