Loyola University Maryland is excited to welcome students' home for the Spring semester. When packing for move-in we are encouraging students to only bring what they need to be successful and pack only what you can move-out in one carload. Please use the revised What to Bring list below for Spring 2021 move-in.
We could never list all the items you might need while here, but this list should help you get started on what to bring to campus and what to leave at home. Students should only pack items that are essential. Please remember you are sharing a space with another student.
What is Loyola Providing?
When packing please consider the items that the University is providing to residents
- COVID-19 Welcome Kit (face mask, thermometer, hand sanitizer, resource sheet)
- Air conditioners
- Blinds and/or shades
- Bed with mattress
- Desk with Chair
- Dresser and closet space
- Refrigerator (if you are living in an apartment)
- Shower liners
What to Bring?
- Cell phone and charger
- Computer/ laptop, iPad/ tablet, and chargers
- Power strip with surge protector (UL approved)
- TV and gaming system
- Roku or streaming device. Coax cable TV is not available on campus. Live streaming television may be accessed through the Xfinity Stream app. Please note, cable TV is not provided at The Social or The Woodberry
- Headphones or earbuds
- Ear plugs
- First Aid kit
- Personal hygiene products
- Prescription medication
- Shower caddy and supplies
- Face masks
- Toilet paper
- Lock box
- ATM card/ checkbook/ credit card
- Driver's License/ Passport/ Visa/ Social Security Card
- All students who hold an on campus job are required to provide the original copy of their Social Security Card to Human Resources
- Insurance cards
- Detergent/ fabric softener
- Dryer sheets/ lint brush
- Laundry bag/ basket
- Swiffer/ vacuum/ broom
- Surface wipes/ disinfectant spray (EPA approved)
- Toilet cleaner
- Hand sanitizer
- Trash bags
The University has created a Cleaning and Disinfecting Guide for Living in Loyola Housing to assist with recommended cleaning supplies and proper cleaning protocols.
- Sheet sets (extra-long twin recommended), pillows & blankets/ comforter, bathroom towels
- Storage tubs/ bins
- Trash can
- Message board
- Mirror- full length
- Poster putty/ blue tape
- Plates, bowls, mugs, cups, eating utensils
- Pots, pans, cooking utensils
- Sponges, dish soap, dish-drying rack
- Personal small appliance (microwave, Keurig, can opener)
Isolation Go Bag
Learn more about isolation preparedness.
- Duffle bag
- Clothes for several days
- Travel toiletries
- Personal items (contacts, glasses, retainer)
- Academic supplies (everything for class)
- Electronics and small entertainment items (puzzles and books)
- Snacks and reusable water bottle
What to Leave at Home
We will never be able to list everything you are not allowed to have on campus; however, here is a list of some common things we have seen that are not allowed. If you have a specific item you are not sure about, please call Student Life. For more information on prohibited items, please consult the Loyola University Community Standards.
- Non-university provided furniture (upholstered furniture, futons, soft seating)
- Printer and printing supplies. Use HoundPrint!
- Open flame devices (candles, incense, fireworks)
- Electric heaters, hot plates, halogen lamps
- Weapons (knives, swords, firearms)
- Drinking game paraphernalia (beer prong table, etc)
- Pets (freshwater fish in a tank of 10 gallons or less are allowed)
Things to Think About
- Do I need this between now and May?
- If I needed to pack to return home quickly is this easily and quickly packed?
- Can I pack all my items in one car? If not, what should I leave at home?
- What are my roommates bringing? Can we share this item? (Please discuss with your roommate what is appropriate to share versus what each of you should have for yourselves)
- Do I need to pack this, or can I order it to be delivered once in Baltimore?
- Can I rent this from one of Loyola's approved vendors?