Greetings from the Associate Dean:
Welcome to natural and applied sciences at Loyola University Maryland. Our community consists of teachers, scholars, and committed citizens with interest in using the power of knowledge to serve society. Loyola strives to create a transformational experience for our students through an intentional liberal arts education that prepares students interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) to become adaptive learners, creative thinkers, dynamic individuals, ethical team members, effective leaders, and trusted citizens who could serve in a diverse and changing world.
At Loyola we achieve excellence in mathematics, sciences and engineering programs thanks to:
- Dedicated faculty as teachers-scholars-mentors,
- Excellent academic programs,
- High-impact learning programs such as; undergraduate research, capstone courses, internship, study abroad, first-year experience, writing intensive courses, communities of learners, service-learning, leadership, and civic engagement,
- Personal touch such as: small classes, seminar courses, Honors program, mentorship, undergraduate research, and personal attention based on faculty and student interactions,
- Committed students striving for gaining intellectual and professional growth to better serve society,
- Successful alumni with educational achievement in prestigious graduate programs and records of alumni career accomplishments,
- Support of our industrial and business partners such as our industrial advisory boards, our Steering Board, admission of our students in summer internship programs, and industrial sponsorship for the endowed Hauber Summer Research Fellowship program,
- University support for the sciences as indicated by the University strategic plan.
Thank you for visiting us online. For additional information please feel free to visit us or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bahram Roughani, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Natural and Applied Sciences: