Loyola University Maryland

Academic Advising and Support Center

Articulation Agreement

Loyola University Maryland has the following articulation agreements at the undergraduate level:

Baltimore Student Exchange Program

Baltimore Student Exchange Program: an agreement between certain area colleges and universities that allows students to take a course from a participating institution under prescribed conditions during the regular academic year. Grades and credits transfer in as Loyola courses. Participating area colleges and universities include:

  • Baltimore Hebrew University
  • Notre Dame of Maryland University
  • Coppin State University
  • Goucher College
  • Johns Hopkins University
  • The Maryland Institute College of Art
  • Morgan State University
  • Peabody Conservatory of Music
  • Towson University
  • University of Baltimore
  • UMBC
  • Stevenson University

Please visit the Records Office website for more information on the Baltimore Student Exchange Program.

St. John’s College in Belize City

St. John’s College in Belize City: qualified students may transfer courses to Loyola and receive free tuition at the university. Only one St. John’s graduate is accepted at a time.

Columbia University

Students enrolled in the 3-2 Engineering program in conjunction with Columbia University will receive a B.S. in physics with a focus in applied sciences from Loyola, and a B.S. in engineering from the Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS) at Columbia University.

Maryland Community College

A.S.E (Associate of Science in Engineering) awardees may transfer from a Maryland community college into Loyola's engineering program. The engineering courses taken as part of the associate degree will be accepted by Loyola University Maryland as a block. The transfer of non-engineering courses taken while earning the associate degree will be evaluated relative to meeting the liberal arts core requirements set by the university.

Study Abroad

Loyola Programs Abroad operate under articulations with universities in other countries. Students may study abroad for a summer session, semester, or full academic year. Courses and grades come in as Loyola credit. 

Loyola also offers exchange programs which allow students to maintain their Loyola enrollment status while studying abroad. This course work transfers to Loyola.