Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam ("For the Greater Glory of God")
The AMDG Community Award was created to recognize Loyola’s staff and administrators from across all areas of the University who exemplify the Ignatian spirit by displaying extraordinary initiative and dedication to Loyola’s mission, vision, and values. Both awards are presented during Maryland Day Milestone week in March. Each recipient of this award will receive a monetary prize of $500 and a six-month parking pass for the Jenkins parking lot.
The administrator award recognizes administrators who display extraordinary initiative and dedication to Loyola’s mission, vision, and values. This recipient:
- Demonstrates support for strategic initiative(s);
- Participates actively in the University community;
- Commits to engaging others to advance Loyola’s mission;
- Demonstrates a spirit of going above and beyond; and
- Embodies Loyola’s core values, as well as the Ignatian spirit that is central to Loyola University Maryland.
The nomination deadline is February 28, 2018.
Nominate an administrator for this award
The staff award recognizes a staff employee who displays extraordinary initiative and dedication in their day-to-day performance for:
- Evidence of success of initiative;
- Level of cost or time savings;
- Impact of initiative on safety awareness;
- Evidence of the core value "Constant Change to Improve"; or
- Degree to which the initiative enhances the University or community environment.
The staff award nomination process is now closed (deadline was Nov. 30, 2017).
See a list of past AMDG recipients.