Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam ("For the Greater Glory of God")
The AMDG Community Award was created to recognize Loyola’s staff and administrators from across all areas of the University who exemplify the Ignatian spirit by displaying extraordinary initiative and dedication to Loyola’s mission, vision, and values. Both awards are presented during Maryland Day Milestone week in March. Each recipient of this award will receive a monetary prize of $500 and a six-month parking pass for the Jenkins parking lot.
The award recognizes staff and administrators who display extraordinary initiative and dedication to Loyola’s mission, vision, and values. This recipient:
- Demonstrates support for strategic initiative(s);
- Participates actively in the University community;
- Commits to engaging others to advance Loyola’s mission;
- Demonstrates a spirit of going above and beyond; and
- Embodies Loyola’s core values, as well as the Ignatian spirit that is central to Loyola University Maryland.
The staff award nomination process is now closed (deadline was Nov. 30, 2017).
The administrator award nomination process is now closed (deadline was March 7, 2018).
See a list of past AMDG recipients.