Curriculum and Instruction Learning Aims
The learning aims for Loyola's curriculum and instruction program are as follows:
- Students will develop an understanding of the relationship of social phenomena and educational practices.
- Students will explore the social, political, and historical contexts of education, with special focus on how identities, culture, race, and power relate to educational thought and practice.
- Students will develop the capacity to promote social justice and equity in educational settings; specifically, urban settings.
- Students will engage in inquiry and research in order to construct new forms of knowledge about teaching and education.
- Students will develop skills to be able to conduct research on their professional practice and to situate their research within broad social contexts.