Certificate of Advanced Study in School Counseling
The purpose of the CAS program is to train master's level school counselors who are interested in furthering their knowledge and skills in special areas of school counseling. The program is designed to provide advanced training in the psycho-educational approaches used to assist people across the life span. One can specialize or generalize within the certificate program. You may also choose to meet the educational requirements for licensure of the Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. Counselors who seek licensure for private practice or who wish to prepare for licensure should consult with an advisor. Each CAS program is individually designed between you and the advisor.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COSTS
- Program tuition and fees: $18,300*
- Program Books and supplies: $1,250.00*
- On-campus room and board: Not offered
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2018-19 rates. Rates are subject to change.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2018-19, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 30 credit program is designed to take 33 months to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2018-19 this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
Download this information