Elementary Education Major
The elementary education program provides a comprehensive understanding of the general field of education and a cross-section of courses in English, social studies, science, and math. The program emphasizes field experience and service learning in various subject areas.
- Courses in English, social studies, math, psychology, literacy, and methods
- Candidates will complete a field experience or service-learning every semester
- Candidates will have five courses to pursue specific interest or other minors
Beyond the Classroom
- In a school setting 2-3 hours per week during your freshmen, sophomore, and junior years
- Full 100-day internship during your senior year
- Internships in Baltimore area public and parochial schools
- Elementary teachers must teach in two different schools at two different grade levels
View the degree requirements and our four year plan of study in the Undergraduate Catalogue.