Office: Beatty Hall 214
- B.A. - Wesleyan University
- Ph.D. (Clinical Psychology/Aging & Development) - Washington University, St. Louis
- Pre-doctoral Internship (Clinical Psychology & Aging) - Hutchings Psychiatric Center
- Post-doctoral Fellowship - Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Post-doctoral Fellowship - Department of Endocrinology, Gerontology, and Metabolism, Stanford University School of Medicine
- PY 101 - Introductory Psychology
- PY 203 - Psychology of Personality
- PY 291 - Research Methods I
- PY 418 - Psychodiagnosis and Psychology, Aging, and Health
- PY 420 - Psychology, Religion, and Aging
- Holland, J. M., Futterman, A., Thompson, L. W., Moran, C., & Gallagher-Thompson, D. (2013). Difficulties accepting the loss of a spouse: A precursor for intensified grieving among widowed older adults. Death Studies, 37(2), 126-144. [doi]
- Futterman, A., Holland, J. M., Brown, P. J., Thompson, L. W., & Gallagher-Thompson, D. (2010). Factorial validity of the Texas Revised Inventory of Grief-Present scale among bereaved older adults. Psychological Assessment, 22(3), 675-687. [doi]
Areas of Specialization
Scholarly interests include assessment, depression in later life, response to late-life spousal loss, and religious involvement in later life.
Principal Investigator, National Institute of Aging/National Institutes of Health, Grant #AG11438-01, "Religiosity, social support, and response to stress in later life."