Loyola University Maryland provides two vision plan options through Vision Service Plan (VSP). VSP is a nationwide network of optometrists and ophthalmologists. You have the choice to use in-network or out-of-network doctors. No ID Card is required or issues. Just provide your full name, date of birth and SSN to the provider.
- The University provides a Core Vision Benefit that covers an annual eye exam for employees only. There is a $10 co-pay for the annual eye exam if services are obtained by an in-network doctor. If you visit an out-of-network doctor, the plan reimburses you according to a specific schedule.
- You may purchase additional vision coverage for you and your family that offers a full range of vision care services provided through VSP. There is a $10 co-pay for routine eye exams and a $20 co-pay for basic materials such as lenses and/or frames. The plan covers an eye exam and the option of lenses & frames or contact lenses once every 12 months. The level of benefit is higher if you use a VSP participating provider.
Don’t miss out on money-saving offers and more. Create an account on vsp.com to check out all of the perks available to VSP members.
- Get tips and information on keeping your eyes healthy for life.
- View your benefits, and find a VSP network doctor near you.
- Receive emails about special offers, rebates, and other Exclusive Member Extras.
Summary Plan Description
The Importance of an Eye Exam
Better Provider Choices
How to Register on VSP
Smartphone Access to VSP
Diabetic Eyewear PlusProgram
Eyeconic with Benefit Integration
Exclusive Member EXTRAS
TruHearing Hearing Aid Discounts
Questions about your eligibility? Learn more about what benefits you are eligible for
This website provides a summary of the benefits available. The University reserves the right to modify, amend, suspend or terminate any plan at any time, and for any reason without prior notification. You will be notified of any changes to these plans and how they affect your benefits, if at all. The plans described on this website are governed by insurance contracts and plan documents, which are available for examination. We have attempted to make explanations of the plans on this website as accurate as possible. However, should there be a discrepancy between this website and the provisions of the insurance contracts or plan documents, the provisions of the insurance contracts or plan documents will govern. In addition, you should not rely on any oral descriptions of these plans, since the written descriptions in the insurance contracts and plan documents will always govern.