The Student Health Center is designed to complement the care you receive from your primary care provider at home. We manage most acute, short-term medical problems, as well as some preventative care. All currently registered students, both undergraduate and graduate, are welcome to access the Student Health Center. Our office is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm during the fall and spring semesters. During school breaks and over the summer our administrative office is open, but our clinic is closed. Our office is closed during all university observed holidays. Please note that the clinical services are intended for students and are not available to Loyola University faculty, staff, administrators, or alumni.
Appointments are strongly recommended, but walk-in are accepted if appointment time slots are available.
The health center facility, embedded in the Seton Court Residence Hall, has several fully-equipped clinical exam rooms, laboratory, and pharmacy.
What we manage
- Acute/Urgent problem visits, including but not limited to:
- Ear, Nose, Throat, Respiratory symptoms/complaints
- COVID-19 related symptoms and testing
- Minor eye complaints
- Gynecologic concerns (e.g., pelvic exams, menstrual irregularities)
- Urinary or abdominal complaints
- Dermatology complaints
- Allergy Shots/Clinic
- Limited concussion care
- Care for minor orthopedic injuries (no x-ray on site)
- Care of Minor wounds (no suturing on site)
- In-House Lab tests (i.e., strep/mono/influenza, urinalysis)
- Outside labwork/Blood-draws
- STI screening
- Medication Administration
- Study Abroad/Internship Clearance Exams
- Specialist referrals (i.e., dental, orthopedic, gynecological, dermatological, and mental health)
We cannot accommodate:
- Annual Physicals or Well-Woman exams
- Pre-screening physical exams (pre-op, athletics, employment/ROTC)
- Long-term, post-concussion care
- Excuse Notes for missed classes/assignments
- Drug testing
- Off-Site care (i.e., in a residence hall, classroom or dining hall)
Scheduling & Keeping Appointments
Appointments can be made by calling our office at 410-617-5055. Walk-ins are offered the next available time slot, which can vary during the time of year. Our appointment times fill quickly so it is best to call as early in the day as possible to ensure same-day visits. For more information, please see our Appointments page.
There is no per-visit charge for undergraduate students.* Please note, there could be charges if rapid in-house testing/procedures (i.e., strep test, suture removal, etc.) are done or if pharmacy items are dispensed. SHS does not bill student insurance for services, and payment is due at the time of the appointment. For more information, please see our Clinical Fees page.
*There is a $25/visit fee for graduate students