The Student Health Center is designed to complement the care you receive from your primary care provider at home. We manage most acute, short-term medical problems, as well as some preventative care. All currently registered students, both undergraduate and graduate, are welcome to access the Student Health Center during the fall and spring semesters. Appointments are strongly recommended, but walk-in are accepted if appointment time slots are available.
The health center facility, embedded in the Charleston-Seton Court Residence Hall, has (5) clinical exam rooms, an on-site pharmacy and laboratory.
What we manage:
- Acute/Urgent problem visits, including but not limited to:
- “Colds”/flu/sinus infections/ear infections/pink eye
- Gynecological concerns, including UTIs & STDs (Please note we do not offer well-women GYN exams or routine STD testing)
- Gastrointestinal issues
- Muscle strains/injuries
- Skin concerns
- Study Abroad/Internship Clearance Exams
- Specialist referrals (i.e. dental, orthopedic, gynecological, dermatological and mental health)
- Allergy Shots/Clinic
- In-House Lab tests
- Outside labwork/Blood-draws
The Student Health Center does not charge undergraduate students for office visits. There is a fee for graduate students of $25/visit. Please note that all charges must can be paid with cash, check or Evergreen card only. Our office does not accept credit card at this time and we currently process insurance claims* for “send-out” laboratory testing only.
While there is no fee for office visits for our undergraduates, the health center does provides several other services which require additional fees. These services include the following:
- Allergy Clinic: $50/semester
- On-site laboratory tests (i.e. strep/mono/influenza tests, urinalysis)*
- In-house procedures (i.e. blood draw/nebulizer treatments/suture removal/ear lavage)*
- On-site pharmacy (i.e. antibiotics, topical creams & over-the counter medications)*
Please call the health center directly at (410) 617-5055 for more information about specific costs for services and/or medications.
*With regards to insurance cards/billing, please note that is is student's responsibility to provide the most updated insurance card and/or information. The Health Center will NOT be held responsible for claims run through old/outdated insurance cards.