As a courtesy to our students and to maintain continuity of care, the Student Health Center (SHC) will draw blood for lab tests ordered by outside (“non-Loyola”) healthcare providers at a cost of $25/semester.
- Lab work from outside provider is done by appointment only. We will not accept walk-ins. Please call 410-617-5055 to schedule.
- Labs are available to be drawn Mon-Fri 9-4pm.
- At least 24 hours before the lab draw, the student is to bring/fax lab slip/requisition from provider along with current and up-to-date insurance card* so that labs can be processed accordingly. If an outside provider wishes to fax a lab slip/order, they may do so by faxing this to (410) 617-2173.
- Labs requested from an outside provider must be on that provider’s own Quest/LabCorp requisition slip, or prescription slip. The slip must include the following:
- student’s name
- student ID/DOB
- ordering provider’s name/contact information
- ordering provider’s fax number
- relevant ICD-10 code
- name of test ordered
Please note that students will not be provided a copy of the lab work. Results are faxed and/or emailed from the lab to the ordering provider’s office. Students are to receive their results by contacting the ordering provider directly.
*With regards to insurance cards/billing, please note that is is student's responsibility to provide the most updated insurance card and/or information. The Health Center will NOT be held responsible for claims run through old/outdated insurance cards.