All full-time students are required to complete the Student Health Profile prior to the start of their first semester. Deadlines are July 1st for entrance in the Fall semester, and January 3rd for entrance in the Spring semester. This profile is to be completed entirely on the NEW Secure Patient Portal. Please see outline below for a review of requirements. Detailed instructions can also be found here.
1. FORMS TAB
Complete the Student Health History
Complete the Consent for Treatment
2. UPLOADS TAB
Upload Immunization records and/or lab results for titers
Upload Insurance card (front and back)
3. IMMUNIZATION TAB
Enter dates each required vaccination was received (see chart below for requirements)
4. INSURANCE TAB
Enter your insurance policy information - Insurance is required for all Loyola University students. Click here for more information about this requirement
Please keep in mind that while we do not require a physical examination, we still strongly encourage having one completed with your primary care provider prior to your start at Loyola. We advise you to make an appointment with them as soon as possible so that you can also receive any necessary vaccinations in order to ensure your health profile is completed by the required deadline. Please note- Failure to comply with the pre-entrance health requirements prior to your arrival on campus will block you from entering campus housing and may interrupt your student experience.
Immunizations required of all students:
Our immunization requirements follow the guidelines set by the American College Health Association and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Maryland law requires that all students living in campus housing receive the Meningitis (ACWY) vaccine.
- Two doses of MMR Vaccine*
- One dose Tdap (Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis) within the past ten years
- (If last Tdap >10 years ago, student needs a either a Td or Tdap booster before coming to campus)
- Meningitis ACWY vaccine (at age 16 or older)- required by Maryland State law for all new students
- Vaccination is important for college students to reduce the risk for potentially fatal meningococcal disease. Studies have shown that college students who live in residence halls or dormitories have a slightly higher risk of meningococcal disease.
* Antibody blood titer tests will be accepted as proof of immunity in lieu of vaccinations. Please provide a copy of the lab results with your completed vaccination form
Recommended immunizations, though not required: