All full-time students are required to complete the Student Health Profile prior to the start of their first semester. Deadlines are July 1st for entrance in the Fall semester, and January 3rd for entrance in the Spring semester. This profile is to be completed entirely on the Secure Patient Portal.
Health Profile Requirements
There is NO required form that needs to be completed by the students doctor, and a physical is not required. Detailed instructions on how to complete the health profile can also be found here.
1. Forms Section:
- Complete the Student Health History
- Complete the Consent for Treatment
2. Upload Section:
- Upload Immunization records and/or lab results for titers
- Upload Insurance card (front and back)
3. Immunization Section:
- Enter dates each required vaccination was received (see chart below for requirements)
4. Insurance Section:
- Enter your insurance policy information - Insurance is required for all Loyola University students. Click here for more information about this requirement
Please keep in mind that while we do not require a physical examination, we still strongly encourage having one completed with your primary care provider prior to your start at Loyola. We advise you to make an appointment with them as soon as possible so that you can also receive any necessary vaccinations in order to ensure your health profile is completed by the required deadline. Please note- Failure to comply with the pre-entrance health requirements prior to your arrival on campus will block you from entering campus housing and may interrupt your student experience.
Immunizations required of all students:
Our immunization requirements follow the guidelines set by the American College Health Association and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Maryland law requires that all students living in campus housing receive the Meningitis (ACWY) vaccine.
Recommended immunizations, though not required:
- Group B Meningitis Vaccine (Bexsero or Trumenba)
- Hepatitis A vaccine series (2 doses, at least 6 months apart)
- Hepatitis B vaccine series (3 doses within 6 months)
- HPV (for students under 26 years old)
- Polio vaccine (OPV or IPV)
- Varicella vaccine series (2 doses, or confirmation of disease through date of illness or positive blood titers)