Loyola Fixed Income Society
The Loyola Fixed Income Society was created in Spring 2015, and is a student-run organization. The Society focuses on enhancing the education of the students who completed FI380 (Fixed Income Securities). All those who are interested in the fixed income markets or completed FI380 will be encouraged to join. The society hopes to give both students an opportunity to gain experience with debt instruments.
The society takes advantage of the Bloomberg Terminals and promote members to attain Bloomberg certificates in fixed income securities. It is of the utmost importance that the members adhere to the Jesuit values of the university.
Apply for Membership
The mission is to establish resources for which students will learn fixed income securities in the global financial markets.
- Educate students by providing special lectures on topics not covered in the fixed income class.
- Maintain the club through the support of its members and the faculty moderator.
- Educate students with Bloomberg Terminals.
- Host guest speaker events by inviting professionals working in the fixed income markets.
- Develop resources through which students can participate in networking.
The Loyola Fixed Income Society is comprised of the Executive Committee and Faculty Moderator. The Executive Committee is comprised of officers who direct the daily operations of the club and ensure that it is progressing on track.
- President - Is head of the society. The President is responsible for leading all society meetings, overseeing operations, and ensuring that all members of the society are fulfilling his or her respective responsibilities. The President is the spokesperson for public relations.
- Vice President - Play an intricate part in attracting new members to the society. Help the President to coordinate the meetings and plan speakers.
- Secretary - Is responsible for keeping the minutes at meetings and maintaining a running list of member attendance. He or she will also be responsible for creating handouts, meeting reminders, and invitations.
- Treasurer – Is responsible for ensuring that dues are collected from all members of the society.
All additional inquiries should be directed toward the faculty moderator, Dr. Yoon Shin (email@example.com) in the finance department.
- President: Matt Ferioli
- Vice President: Alexis Loffredo
- Secretary: Jonathan Chin
- Treasurer: Ryan Farrell