Kognito is an online tool that universities all throughout the United States and Maryland are using to help students, faculty, staff, and administrators learn to recognize signs of psychological distress in various student populations. Users learn how to approach at-risk students and make appropriate referrals to campus support services for screening and assessment. Users are taught to do this through online role-play conversations with virtual students. Learners attain hands-on practice managing challenging, and often sensitive, conversations surrounding mental health and master the skills necessary to identify and connect students to help. There is strong research support for the effectiveness of these programs!
The At Risk On-Campus module focuses on students experiencing problems such as depression, anxiety, and substance abuse.
This resource is free to use.
How Do I Sign Up?
- In the top right hand corner of the sign in box it says, “Don't have an account? Click here.”
- Type in your name, school email address, personal password, and use the following ENROLLMENT KEYS:
- For FACULTY AND STAFF: loyolafaculty
- For STUDENTS: loyolastudents
- If you already have an account and need to add a new enrollment key to allow for current access follow the steps below:
- Log into your existing account.
- From the "Choose a Course" screen, you will see all currently available and expired simulations for your account. Click on your name at the top right-hand corner of the screen to display your Account Menu.
- From the account menu, click on "Add Enrollment Key" toward the bottom of the page.
- Enter the enrollment key in the provided field. Then click "Continue". The enrollment should take a moment to process.
- You may need to answer some additional questions to update your account associations. Once you have completed all steps of the association process, you will then see the newly enrolled simulations available as additional titles in your "Course Carousel" at the top of the screen.
Each module takes approximately 30-45 minutes, and you can print a certificate of completion at the end. Join us in making Loyola University Maryland a safe and welcoming place for all students by getting your certificates today!