Apply to Kodály Music Education
The following degree option is available for Kodály Music Education:
- Summer Master of Education in Kodály Music Education
At the discretion of the department, applications will continue to be reviewed after the application deadline on a space-available basis.
Online application form
Required Supplemental Materials
In addition to the application form, you must submit the following:
- Nonrefundable $60 application fee.
- Essay/personal statement. Describe your academic and professional achievements) and your aspirations and how Loyola’s graduate program in Education will help you fulfill your goals (minimum 200 words).
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary colleges or universities attended. This includes transcripts from part-time study, study abroad, coursework taken in high school, and from institutions that have awarded the applicant a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree or an advanced certificate. Accepted students who fail to submit a final degree-posted transcript will not be permitted to register. Applicants who hold degrees or have earned credits from non-U.S. institutions (excluding study abroad programs) must have a course-by-course evaluation and translation of their academic records done by a NACES approved evaluation services agency before they can be considered for admission to a degree program. The evaluation must establish that the applicant has earned the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. Loyola recommends the WES:ICAP from World Education Services, Inc. (www.wes.org).
- Two professional/academic letters of recommendation.
- Resume or curriculum vita.
If accepted academically, the department will contact the student to schedule a Solfa test of sight singing and ear training skills to determine eligibility and placement.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.
Submitting Supplemental Materials
Please have your college(s) send your transcript(s) to one of the addresses below.
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
Or emailed to email@example.com
Additional Application Information
It is the policy of departmental admission committees to give promising applicants the opportunity to undertake graduate work. A careful examination of an applicant's academic and professional qualifications precedes every admission decision. The committees look for previous academic achievement by considering an applicant's undergraduate and graduate records. Work experience is assessed through the presentation of a resume or vitae and professional references.
Applicants accepted for graduate study will be advised in writing. At the time of admission, individuals will be informed of any courses for which they have qualified for advanced standing and/or additional courses or prerequisites requiring completion before commencing their graduate studies. A program advisor who assists in planning a program of study will be assigned, and students are responsible for discussing any special needs they may have with their advisor.