Skip to main content

Minor in Special Education

Elementary education majors may complete a minor in special education. In addition to satisfying major requirements in elementary education, special education minors must complete three additional courses. Students who do not major in elementary education may complete the minor by enrolling in five special education courses and a one-credit service learning experience.

Declaring a Minor

Undergraduate students interested in pursuing the minor must schedule an appointment to meet with the special education minor advisor before declaring the minor.

Students who wish to add, change, or drop a minor must submit a Change of Minor form to the Office of the Registrar (MH 141). Be sure to get all the signatures required prior to submitting this form. The Change of Minor form is available on the Office of the Registrar website under forms, or in the Office of the Registrar (MH 141). 

Connect with us on Social!

Loyola has an active and vibrant Advocates for Inclusion club on campus. Follow us on Instagram!

Ready to learn more?