How to Apply
Please check back for updated information on Leadership Essentials 2023.
For more information about Leadership Essential, contact Lori Fuchs at email@example.com.
- The Leadership Essentials program is targeted for emerging leaders in the beginning or middle of their careers.
- Leadership Essentials seeks representation from a cross-section of the community: business, labor, education, the arts, religion, government, and community organizations.
- Applicants must have the support (financial and time commitment) of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Approximately 25 individuals will be selected to participate in the program
The Leadership Essentials Selection Committee will review all applications and select the participants. The committee evaluates each applicant based upon the merits of the written application and a personal interview. The committee will also consider the diverse skill set and experience of the person, specifically:
- Demonstrated passion, motivation, or commitment to developing as a leader.
- Current use of leadership skills at work or outside of their organization.
- Communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to take on leadership roles, either in their organization or in a volunteer capacity.
- Sincere desire to participate in community service.
- Leadership Essentials begins in December and ends in June.
- The program cohorts kick off with orientation in December 2022 and begin with a retreat consisting of with a two day retreat in January 2023. Attendance is required at these events.
- The final session schedule will be sent with the participant’s acceptance materials.
- To successfully complete the Leadership Essentials program, participants are expected to attend all sessions, contribute to a team community service project outside of session time and participate in a coaching relationship. Participants may miss no more than 6 hours of class time in order to successfully complete the program.
- If an applicant is accepted into the program and either does not accept or accepts and is then forced to drop-out of the program, there is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into the program in subsequent years. Once the program has begun, no refunds will be issued.
Tuition for each participant is $3,900. Tuition is due in early December 2022.