How to Apply
Applicants may apply to the Leadership Essentials cohorts for the 2019 program.
- Complete the online application:
- Pay the non-refundable application fee of $50 online using the following link online application fee or send a check payable to Loyola University Maryland to:
Loyola University Maryland
Attn: Peggy Craft, Executive Education Office
Timonium Graduate Center
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
- Application materials must be received by Friday October 5, 2018.
- The applicant will be notified of acceptance into the program in mid-November.
Program Session Schedule
Leadership Essentials Howard County 2019 Program Schedule
- The Leadership Essentials program is targeted for young professionals in the beginning or middle of their careers.
- Leadership Essentials seeks representation from a cross-section of the community: business, labor, education, the arts, religion, government, and community organizations.
- Applicants must have the support (financial and time commitment) of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Approximately 25 individuals will be selected to participate in the program
The Leadership Essentials Selection Committee will review all applications and select the participants. The committee evaluates each applicant based upon the merits of the written application and a personal interview. The committee will also consider the diverse skill set and experience of the person, specifically:
- Demonstrated passion, motivation, or commitment to developing as a leader.
- Current use of leadership skills at work or outside of their organization.
- Communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to take on leadership roles, either in their organization or in a volunteer capacity.
- Sincere desire to participate in community service.
- Leadership Essentials begins in December and ends in June.
- The program cohorts kick off with orientation in December 2018 and begin with a retreat consisting of with a day-and-a-half retreat (consecutive days) in January 2019. Attendance is required at these events.
- The final class schedule will be sent with the participant’s acceptance materials. The monthly workshops are normally held on Thursdays. (Dates for LE 2019 will be determined by early July 2018.)
- To successfully complete the Leadership Essentials program, participants are expected to attend all class sessions, contribute to a team community service project outside of class time and participate in a coaching relationship. Participants may miss no more than 6 hours of class time in order to successfully complete the program.
- If an applicant is accepted into the program and either does not accept or accepts and is then forced to drop-out of the program, there is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into the program in subsequent years. Once the program has begun, no refunds will be issued.
Tuition for each participant is $3500. Tuition is due by December 3, 2018.
For more information email email@example.com or call 410-617-2303.