How to Apply
Applications for Leadership Essentials 2024 have closed. Applications for Leadership Essentials 2025 will open in the Summer of 2024 and be due in October 2024. For more information, please contact Katherine Keefe, LE Program Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Leadership Essentials program is appropriate for emerging leaders and mid-level managers interested in improving their leadership skills.
- Leadership Essentials seeks representation from a cross-section of the community including for-profit, nonprofit, and government sectors.
- Applicants must have the support (financial and time commitment) of the organization or corporation they represent.
- Approximately 25 individuals will be selected to participate in the program.
The Leadership Essentials Selection Committee will review all applications and select the participants. The committee evaluates each applicant based upon the merits of the written application and a personal interview. The committee will also consider the diverse skill set and experience of the person, specifically:
- Demonstrated passion, motivation, or commitment to developing as a leader.
- Current use of leadership skills at work or outside of their organization.
- Communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative to take on leadership roles, either in their organization or in a volunteer capacity.
- Sincere desire to participate in community service.
- Leadership Essentials begins in December 2023 and ends in June 2024.
- The final session schedule will be sent with the participant’s acceptance materials.
- To successfully complete the Leadership Essentials program, participants are expected to attend all sessions, contribute to a team community service project outside of session time and participate in a coaching relationship. Participants may miss no more than 6 hours of class time in order to successfully complete the program.
- If an applicant is accepted into the program and either does not accept or accepts and is then forced to drop-out of the program, there is no guarantee that the applicant will be accepted into the program in subsequent years. Once the program has begun, no refunds will be issued.
Tuition for each participant is $4,000. Tuition is due in early December 2023. A limited amount of financial aid is available. Please visit the tuition page for more information.