Community Impact Projects
Meeting Your Organizational Needs
Does your nonprofit organization have a project you would love to have completed but lack the time, expertise or available staff to do so?
Leadership Howard County/Leadership Essential’s Community Impact Projects (CIP) may be the answer! To date, more than 130 organizations have benefited from a Leadership CIP team!
Community Impact Projects Information Flyer
- Purpose: The Community Impact Project is an important component of both the Leadership Premier and Leadership Essentials (emerging leaders) programs. Program participants work together in small teams with a host organization on a consultant basis, addressing an organizational challenge or strategic issue.
- Process: The host organization (nonprofit or government entity) identifies an issue or challenge it is facing. Class participants research and propose creative, sustainable solutions. Leadership Essentials 2023 Community Impact Project applications will be accepted in two cycles, either a deadline of July 14, 2022 or a deadline of October 10, 2022. Leadership Essentials 2023 CIP Hosts will be selected in November 2022; CIP work will begin in January 2023.
- Payoff: This experience is designed to be a mutually beneficial experience. The host organization gets much needed expertise and advice while the participants gain a better understanding of community needs and a deeper appreciation for community involvement.
Leadership Essentials will host two virtual Information Sessions to provide more information and answer your questions:
- on September 14, 9 am via Zoom
- on September 21, 4 pm via Zoom
Meeting ID: 436 215 8667
RSVPs are encouraged: Katherine Keefe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leadership Essentials will host at least one virtual Information Session in September 2022 to provide more information and to answer questions. Check back for the dates in Summer 2022.
LE 2023 Community Impact Project Application
If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Keefe, LE Program Consultant at email@example.com or by phone at 703.408.2288.