Full-Time MBA Admissions Requirements
GMAT/GRE test requirements now waived for Fall 2020 start terms for all ELMBA applicants. Loyola will accept electronic official transcripts from your college/university or PDF copies of your unofficial transcripts that you send yourself. These may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Priority Deadline: March 1
- Final Deadline: June 1
- Rolling admission after June 1 as space is available.
Applications submitted by the priority deadline are given first consideration for the limited scholarship opportunities available and early admission to the cohort. Applications must be complete with all supplemental materials received by the deadline to ensure timely decisions. Applications will be reviewed thereafter with rolling admission as space is available.
International Applicant Deadlines
International applicants seeking F-1 student visas may only be enrolled in full-time degree programs in order to maintain full-time student status. International applicants must submit a complete application for admission (including all supplemental documentation) by:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills, familiarity with MS Office Suite at intermediate level.
- Facility in algebra and graphing of mathematical functions, graphic interpretation, and probability. Proficiency in these areas will be determined through recent college or graduate level credit (B or better) in a finite mathematics, pre-calculus, or mathematical models for business course. Proficiency may also be established through superior GMAT/GRE performance.
- Demonstration of academic success supported by a strong GMAT/converted GRE score and undergraduate GPA.
- Demonstration of leadership potential and/or management experience supported by a personal statement and references.
Applicants under consideration for admission will be invited to interview remotely via an online conferencing tool (i.e. Skype, Zoom, or FaceTime). Applicants accepted for graduate study will be notified electronically. Individuals will also be informed of any required undergraduate courses or prerequisites. A program advisor will assist in planning your program of study. Students are responsible for discussing any special needs they may have with an advisor.
The program is cohort based. Students from all academic backgrounds are welcome to apply. Program participants, particularly non-business majors, will be provided with online resources to increase their quantitative skill level in macroeconomics, accounting, market analysis, finance, and quantitative modeling prior to the start of the program.
GMAT/GRE test requirements now waived for the Fall 2020 start term for all applicants.
A careful examination of an applicant's academic and professional qualifications precedes every admission decision. The committee values previous undergraduate/graduate academic achievement, professional work experience, professional references, each portion of the GMAT, certifications/awards, and other evidence of the applicant's capacity to successfully pursue graduate study in business. Applicants who have already taken the GRE revised General Test (August 2011 and later) may supply this score in lieu of the GMAT. Report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (www.ets.org). Scores will be converted using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools produced by the ETS.
GMAT Waiver Request Policy
Emerging Leaders MBA candidates may be eligible for admission without submitting a GMAT score report. Requests for a GMAT waiver may be made on the online application. GMAT waiver decisions are made as part of the admissions process after an application file is complete and ready for review. Contact an admissions advisor for more information on the policy at email@example.com.
Emerging Leaders MBA Requirements
The following should be completed online/uploaded on the application:
- Online application form; Non-refundable fee of $60
- Resume or vitae
- Essay/personal statement
- Two professional/academic letters of recommendation (at least one must be academic)
The following test scores should be submitted directly from the test administrator to Loyola (Loyola's institution code is 5370):
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Score Report. Scores must be within five years of the application deadline. Applicants who meet certain provisions can request consideration for admission without submitting a GMAT score. Please review the GMAT waiver request policy.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS Score Report. Required only if English is not your native language or if you have not completed a degree program taught in English (cannot be more than two years old).
Applicants should request that official transcripts be emailed directly to Loyola at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- As of April 6, 2020, Loyola will accept electronic official transcripts from your college/university or PDF copies of your unofficial transcripts that you send yourself. These may be sent electronically to email@example.com.
- The admission committee reserves the right to request official transcripts from universities where an applicant attended but did not complete a degree. Please note that not submitting all transcripts where courses have been completed could impact course waivers and advanced standing.
- Applicants who hold degrees from non-U.S. institutions must have a course-by-course evaluation and translation of their transcript done by a NACES-approved evaluation services agency. Loyola recommends the WES:ICAP from World Education Services, Inc. or JS&A.
- International applicants must also complete additional requirements. Please visit the Graduate Admission for International Students page.
Transcripts may also be sent via mail to:
Loyola University Maryland
Office of Graduate Admission
2034 Greenspring Drive
Timonium, MD 21093
A personal interview is also required for admission into the Emerging Leaders MBA program. Questions about the application or admission process may be directed to the Office of Graduate Business Programs at (410) 617-5067 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.
Fast Track Admission
Current Loyola University Maryland undergraduates as well as students attending a partner institution may be eligible to apply for Fast Track admission to the Emerging Leaders MBA program. Certain GPA requirements apply.