This page explains procedures for classroom assignments for scheduling academic courses. Full instructions about master schedule submissions, including classrooms are available here on the Records website.
Requesting Specific Space
- Requests for a type of room or specific equipment are accepted, rather than for an individual classroom.
- Include the request on the master schedule submitted by the department chair, in the Dates, Comments, Restrictions column.
- Flexibility is essential. Specify the desired feature as follows; seminar room, computer classroom, etc.
- Notify the Records Office if the original request has changed.
- The Records Office is not responsible for purchasing equipment. If your request involves the purchase of new equipment, contact Technology Services.
- Requests for space to accommodate meetings or special activities should be directed to Event Services at email@example.com or 410-617-5077.
Is Space Guaranteed?
- Requests for general purpose spaces are not guaranteed, and alternate plans should be prepared.
- Classrooms are scheduled first based on available resources, class size, and department priority. Subsequently, every effort is then made to honor specific requests.
- If a departmentally-controlled seminar or lab room is submitted on the master schedule, it is pre-assigned, and the assignment will not change unless requested by the department chair. Classes are assigned to these spaces only when Records is instructed to do so by the department chair.
- If a specialty room is submitted on the master schedule, such as a computer classroom or seminar room, and is available, those assignments are pre-assigned and unlikely to change when classrooms are finalized.
Final Classroom Assignments
- Classroom assignments are available on Self-Service, Course Catalog.
- Select Advanced Search, select the Term, and search. On the list of Courses and Course Sections, use the Filter Results on the left to select a specific instructor.
- Each course section receives an initial classroom assignment, but are not considered final unless pre-assigned.
- A Loyola Today announcement is posted before classrooms are finalized for faculty to submit space preferences.
- Examples include buildings, desks or tables, two projectors
- Preferences are not guaranteed
- Email preferences not already submitted for Baltimore campus scheduling to Bria Stith at firstname.lastname@example.org, and email preferences for Graduate Center scheduling to Maureen "Mo" Shea at email@example.com with the following information included:
- name and department
- semester the course is being offered
- full course section number (ex: BL 101.02)
- details of the request
- whether the request is one time or on-going
- Administrative assistants may email classroom requests for their departments and communicate results with the faculty.
- Classrooms are finalized:
- Summer, mid-February
- Fall, mid-August
- Spring, mid-December
- Check your classroom just prior to the start of the semester. Assignments may change through the first week of classes, so confirm in Self-Service before the first class.
- After classrooms are finalized, scheduling is turned over to Event Services for meetings and lectures.
- Classrooms are scheduled by Records, not Event Services, during initial scheduling.
Exams and Review/Make-up Sessions