Students review course offerings beginning September 21, 2018 using either of the following methods:
- Login to inside.loyola.edu, then select WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Search for Sections. Select section name and course title hyperlinks for more information, including requisites, restrictions, and course descriptions.
Login to inside.loyola.edu, then select Course Listings under Quick Links. Use Course Listings to save to a preferred sections list prior to or during the open registration period; however, you must use WebAdvisor to actually register for those courses.
Once the course schedule becomes available, students can add classes to preferred sections prior to the start of registration. Adding classes to preferred sections eliminates the need to search for sections at time of registration, but does not save a space in the class. On the day of registration, students must complete the process in order to enroll.
Web Registration Dates
WebAdvisor registration is open until 4 p.m., as follows:
Class of 2019: October 24, 2018
Class of 2020: October 31, 2018
Class of 2021: November 7, 2018
Class of 2022: November 14-15, 2018
Registration assistance is available in the Academic Advising and Support Center (AASC, located in MH 138), 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Completed and signed specialized study forms and any special permissions may be submitted to AASC by 4 p.m., on the dates specified above. Otherwise, specialized study forms must be submitted to the Records Office (MH 141) by the close of the registration period, January 17, 2019. Special permission forms must be submitted to AASC (MH 138) no later than January 17, 2019.
Making Alternative Arrangements for Registration
Students who cannot be present at their assigned registration time must contact AASC no later than the day prior to the assigned registration time to make alternative arrangements. Students are required to present a written statement explaining the reason for the absence and indicating their desired registration option, as listed below:
Option 1: Submit the completed Undergraduate Registration Request Form with alternative course selections and all necessary signatures to the AASC prior to the assigned registration date.
The registration is entered at the designated registration appointment time. It is important to list alternative courses in the event that the courses or sections chosen are closed. The data entry operator makes every effort to process the registration as submitted; however, if all choices and reasonable options are exhausted, the student's registration will not be complete. It is the student's responsibility to contact AASC to verify that the registration is complete and to make any necessary adjustments after the initial registration has been processed.
Option 2: Register on the assigned day any time after the scheduled appointment time. Students may use WebAdvisor any time after their assigned start time until 4 p.m., on the dates specified above. After 4 p.m., students should take the paper form to the AASC (MH 138) for advising assistance and to the Records Office for registration processing.
Students who do not have the necessary criteria such as Course Permission Slips or permission to register via WebAdvisor, required requisites, incorrect major/minor/specialization, etc., are not registered for course(s) requiring this criteria. All other course requests are processed. Students are expected to complete the necessary paperwork or contact AASC. Priority in course selection is lost.
Web Registration Procedures
Supported Browsers and WebAdvisor Tips
Web registration via WebAdvisor is supported in the following browsers:
- PCs: Internet Explorer 9.0, 10, 11; Mozilla Firefox 19, 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 41
- Macs: Safari 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 7.0, 7.1, 8; Mozilla Firefox 19, 21, 24, 28, 32, 36, 41
Log into Inside Loyola then select WebAdvisor for Students to register and access supporting information.
- Always use the WebAdvisor Back button, not the browser Back button.
- Do not keep a number of tabs open, as it will slow the registration process. More than six open tabs will result in an error message: You cannot open more than 6 tabs at one time. Please close any you are finished with.
- Complete the steps in order as guided within WebAdvisor.
Prior to Registration
- Review the Records Office website for the complete academic calendar and full registration procedures.
- Know your Inside Loyola username and password. For assistance with password resets, contact the Help Center prior to registration using one of the following options:
Telephone Support: Call 410-617-5555. Students must have their Loyola ID number.
Walk-in Support: Knott Hall 107. Students must have their Loyola ID card.
For information about recovering a forgotten password, visit the Help Center website.
- Review the Degree Audit in WebAdvisor by selecting WebAdvisor for Students > Academic Profile > Degree Audit for the following information:
- To view assigned advisor
- To view major, specialization, and/or minor information on record
- Check your major and minor information, as some courses are restricted accordingly. Course requisites and restrictions are available via Search for Sections and Course Listings (select course title hyperlink).
- If information needs to be updated, please submit the appropriate, signed form(s).
- Questions regarding Degree Audits may be directed to the Academic Advising and Support Center (AASC):
- Email email@example.com
- Call 410-617-5050
- Visit Maryland Hall 138
- Review the “Understanding Degree Audit” documentation on the AASC webpage
- Meet with your academic advisor for permission to register prior to registration, and ensure that your advisor has given permission before leaving the meeting.
If your advisor signed your registration form but did not give you permission to register, bring the signed form to the Records Office (MH 141) to receive permission prior to your registration time.
DO NOT wait until the day of registration to get your advisor's permission. Advisors may not have scheduled office hours for that day. Registrations cannot be processed without the advisor's electronic or written signature.
Reminder: The undergraduate mid-semester holiday is Friday, October 19, 20178 Seniors are encouraged to meet with their advisors to get permission before leaving for the holiday.
- Students are responsible for making certain that all degree course requirements are completed, including courses in the core, the major, the minor, and the total number of courses and credits. Refer to your WebAdvisor for Students > Academic Profile > Degree Audit and confer with your advisor.
- Check for the following information in WebAdvisor by selecting WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Reg Appointment/Permission (Undergraduates Only)
- Advisor approval to register
- Assigned registration time
- Any applicable registration holds that may prevent registration at the assigned time
- Study Abroad Students: follow instructions from the Office of International Programs
- Search for course offerings in WebAdvisor through one of the following two options:
- WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Search for Sections
- Term and one other field are required in order to perform a search
- Search up to 5 subjects at a time
- Course types are as follows:
- Global Studies major
- Interdisciplinary minors
- Quick Links > Course Listings – allows for more search options
- Some of the column headings within Course Listings may be selected for sorting
- Explore the catalogue of courses by subject
- To add to preferred sections, first select the specific section, then select the “Add to Preferred List” button.
- Please note: students can only officially register from WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Undergraduate Registration.
Undergraduate Web Registration
Use WebAdvisor from any computer with web access:
- Web registration access information and WebAdvisor user instructions are sent via Loyola email. If you do not receive this information within one week of your registration date, please contact the Records Office, 410-617-2659 or 2256.
Have all of your materials ready so you can promptly begin the registration process. Be sure to have your advisor's signature or permission and any necessary forms and signatures before registering.
On your assigned registration day and time, log into Inside Loyola, then select WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Undergraduate Registration. Do not try to access WebAdvisor earlier, or you may face delays in being able to access the system at the appropriate time.
- Choose either Express registration, Search and register for sections, or Register for previously selected sections:
- Express registration option – select this option to enter the exact section numbers of open classes
- Complete all fields per line which include: subject, course number, section number, and term
- Allows for multiple selections
- Once all information has been entered for each section, select the Submit button at the bottom to continue
- Search and register option – select this option to search for offerings by term
- Term plus one other field is required to conduct a search
- Allows for multiple selections
- Can exclude closed courses
- Once all search parameters are entered, select the Submit button at the bottom to continue.
- Register for previously selected sections option – select this option to register for courses previously added to preferred sections. Selecting this option advances to the Register and Drop sections page
Register and Drop Sections Page
- In order to register for courses selected from any of the three options above, each course must have an action assigned on the Register and Drop Sections page. From the drop down to the left of each preferred section, select one of the following:
- RG - Register
- RM - Remove from List
- Any applicable error messages will appear at the top of the page. Select RM - Remove from List to remove section(s) and continue with other classes
- Repeat process until schedule is complete
Drop Sections Option
Accessible via WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Undergraduate Registration
- Select this option to remove registered classes for the next term only. Selecting this option advances to the Register and Drop Sections page
- Check the box to the left of the appropriate section(s) to be dropped, and select Submit at the bottom of the page
- Repeat process until schedule is complete
My Class Schedule
Once you have finished web registering, be certain to check WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > My Class Schedule to confirm accurate registration processing. This schedule displays finalized classroom assignments approximately two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Always confirm registration or successfully dropped sections via WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > My Class Schedule
Select the appropriate term from the drop-down menu, and select Submit to continue
- Verify that the courses listed there are correct. If not, repeat each applicable steps above.
Students who do not web register must go to AASC (MH 138) during business hours to register in person, November 19, 2018 – January 17, 2019. Priority in course selection will be lost.
Students are responsible for knowing the regulations governing registration, withdrawal, and payment of tuition as summarized on this website and given in detail in the undergraduate catalogue. The University reserves the right to make any changes to scheduled course offerings and to cancel any class for which there is insufficient enrollment.