Students may review course offerings beginning September 20, 2019 using either of the following methods:
Login to inside.loyola.edu, then click WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > Search for Sections. Click section name and course title hyperlinks for more information, including prerequisites, corequisites, restrictions, and course descriptions.
Login to inside.loyola.edu, then click Course Listings under Quick Links. You may use Course Listings to save to a preferred sections list prior to or during the open registration period; however, you must use WebAdvisor to actually register for those courses.
Continuing, Degree-Seeking Students
- WebAdvisor registration opens to continuing, degree-seeking students on October 23, 2019, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Students who start out as full-time and then become part-time register on the same date as the students in the class year initially assigned to them; see Web Registration Dates under Full-Time Registration).
- In order to use WebAdvisor to register, students who have formally declared a major must receive prior electronic permission to register from their academic advisor.
- Be sure to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor prior to your registration date.
- Students who have not formally declared a major and have not had an advisor assigned to them should contact the Academic Advising and Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-617-5050 before registration begins in order to be given advising assistance and for electronic permission to register.
- Students who do not web register on October 23, 2019 must contact the Academic Advising and Support Center for registration assistance. Students who web register on this date are also able to use WebAdvisor to add and drop courses November 18, 2019 – January 16, 2020.
For full instructions, please review the Web Registration Procedures.
Mail-in registrations are accepted from degree-seeking students October 23, 2019 – January 2, 2020. Thereafter, only in-person registrations are accepted at the Records Office through the late registration period, January 13–16, 2020, once they are signed by an administrator from the Academic Advising and Support Center (MH 138).
New, Degree-Seeking Students
- New students may not register for courses unless their application for admission has been approved.
- New students must register in person at AASC (MH 138).
- After completion of the registration process, be certain to check WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > My Class Schedule to confirm accurate registration processing. This schedule displays final classroom assignments approximately two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Readmitted, Special, and Visiting Students
- Students who have not registered for courses for at least one of the three previous semesters (including summer) must reapply to the Office of Undergraduate Admission and be readmitted.
- Special students (those who have earned a four-year college degree and are taking courses but not matriculating for a degree) must complete an Application for Admission and submit official transcripts for previously completed undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Visiting students (those matriculating and in good standing at another institution) must submit an application, official transcript from current institution, and authorization letter from an official at their home institution for the courses they wish to take at Loyola.
- Returning students may register in person or by mail. Mail-in registrations are accepted November 18, 2019 – January 2, 2020.
- Thereafter, only in-person registrations are accepted at the Records Office through the late registration period, January 13–16, 2020, once they are signed by an administrator from AASC (MH 138).
To use mail-in registration:
Complete legibly and accurately an Undergraduate Part-Time Registration Request Form, also available at the Records Office (MH 141), or call 410-617-2263 to have a form mailed to you.
Important: Course entries must include the section number after the course key; ex., CH101.01 General Chemistry I.
Submit the registration form early; courses fill and close.
After completion of the registration process, be certain to check WebAdvisor for Students > Registration > My Class Schedule to confirm accurate registration processing. This schedule displays final classroom assignments approximately two weeks prior to the start of classes.
Students who have not registered by January 2, 2020 must go to AASC (MH 138) during business hours to register in person, January 13–16, 2020. A bill is mailed to the student's permanent home address after registration. A late registration fee of $25 is charged.
Students are responsible for knowing the regulations governing registration, withdrawal, and payment of tuition as summarized on this website and given in detail in the undergraduate catalogue. The University reserves the right to make any changes to scheduled course offerings and to cancel any class for which there is insufficient enrollment.